Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Jackie! Feathers! :)

(note to admin lol, i put this in picture section, cus i will have photos tomorrow lol, just excited and want to post now) :)

Guess what everyone? Remember my feathers on my raffle quilt, looked like wonky hearts????? lol Welll Jackie was so nice to me, i emailed her and said help, i got all this backtracking, is there a secret? Jfackie went to all the trouble and drew sketches for me, and emailed them to me, showed me how to do over-the-top feathers! I just tried them, i'm making my first tote bag, the feathers look fantastic!!!!! :) Sorry guys, my camera batteries are being re-charged lol, but i really will take pictures in the morning :) :) :)

Oooh Barb you're such a tease! Well, it's morning here now, where are the pics then? :lol:

lol, well it's kinda morning here too, it's almost 2 am, and im gonna stay up for another hour trying to make the tote bag, then i'll get up in morning and finish it and take pictures :) uhmmm, that will be dinner time for you :) :) :)

Banned
    so cool. aren't the people on here awesome. i have learned sew much on this forum. when i feel not quite right on a quilt, you all make me feel like a pro. does the heart good to have great friends ....i can't wait to see your pics barb :D

Blog Entries
    Now this I can't wait to see!!! Hurry with the pics Barb!

Come on Barb - it's definately morning now or are you still eating your breakfast LOL. Pics we neeed the pics !!!!!! :wink:

Tisha

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh Barb....where are the lovely pictures you promised us???? :D :D :D

Hurry and show the pictures. I hate waiting. Share Jackie's secret with us all!!!!!

Banned
    {{{knock}}} {{{knock}}} {{{knock}}}

HEY WAKE UP!!!!

post the pics :lol:

I'm holding my breath and I've turned blue. Now it's your turn to post the pics! :lol:

I'm hoping Jackie will scan in the drawing and post those in the tutorial section. Please Jackie. I've tried backtracking feathers and they look terrible.

I agree, she should give us some kind of LA lessons.

Banned
    {{{kicking feet}}}

still no pics or a tute

{{{hanging head}}}

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh Barb! Did you forget us???? :D

Come on Barb, you're killing me!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I wanna see and learn. Please!

Can't wait to see your pictures. :-) :-)

Blog Entries
    OH!!!! I thought surely BY NOW>>>>>Where oh where are the pics???????? :?: :?: :?: :cry:

This post gave me a good chuckle, BUT there are those pictures?

Blog Entries
    You know I think that Barb is just teasing us and never intended to post them!! :roll: :lol:

Banned
    i'm a little concerned she hasn't had one post since she put this up and she was so excited to get the photos to us.

i hope nothings wrong.

Uhmmm, we went away for the weekend and stayed in a hotel!!! :) I wanted to finish the tote bags to give as a gift, so i finished them on our way out the door, and then took photos of them in the hotel room :) Ok, i'll download them right now and post in uhmmm, 5 mins LOL LOL Can't believe i left you guys hanging :) brb :)

Ok everyone, here it is :) I've been wanting to try my first tote bag for a long time, but just never did it yet. We went to an HD conference this weekend, just a small local one, and had a great time. Remember my HD raffle quilt? Well we displayed it there and sold tickets there too. And two special ladies at my HD clinic, the receptionist, and the HD social worker, i wanted to make them HD awareness tote bags :) So i made the tote bags with my rose emblem from the raffle quilt :) And they loved their bags. In the photo with the two bags, the bag on the left, has one long shoulder strap, and it crosses over your front, know what i mean? Like from say right shoulder to left waist. And that bag i just angles off the bottom corners. The other bag i made with two handle straps, and at the bottom of that bag i boxed it proper. I tried to put pockets in, but when i turned it right side out, the pockets were on the Inside of the lining! lol So i ripped that lining out, and just did two plain linings. I liked someones idea how they said at the top of their tote bags, they dont turn the lining down all the way, so it ends up looking like a bias strip at the top, but it's really just the lining, and then i top-stitched it down. And the feathers came out gorgeous! compared to my raffle quilt. Jackie showed me how instead of double tracking along each feather, to do your tracking at the top of the feather, and they came out so awesome that way! completely freehand, no pattern :) The bags are a little flimsy, i used old sweatshirts as a batting lol, my MIL keeps sending me bags of sweatshirts, figured i'd get some use out of them this way lol :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    the bag are beautiful and well worth the wait!

Those bags are worth the wait. You did a marvelous job on the totes and those feathers WOW!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast