Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Thank you so much >

Thank you so much

Thank you so much

Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

A very beautiful quilt. I can see so much love in that quilt.
Miss Mousie, you did a wonderful job, I knew you were not giving yourself enough credit.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 PM

Thats what Friends are For, and you know you can always find them at this site
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 PM

lovely quilt. :thumbup:
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Language is such a limiting entity when it comes to matters of the heart. Thank you is only 8 different letters out of the 26 we use to create all the expressions, thoughts, ideas and understandings we have. How big is love? Who knows...it can't be measured like fabric, but is just as beautiful...or sugar, but is every bit as sweet...or time, but is enduring...or even space, yet it can fill every void.

What is the politically correct response to an outpouring of the eternal and powerful love, sent to you from above, through a group of friends connected by invisible pathways and a love for making beautiful articles to be used in and incorporated into our daily lives?

On Monday a wonderfully large box arrived at my home. I recognized the return address, but since it is Secret Santa time, wasn't sure it was meant to be opened until Christmas. After asking the person who sent the box, I was informed I should open it ASAP. A little nervous and apprehensive, I waited until it was quiet and I was alone...you know...just in case. I also got out a new box of kleenex. I didn't know what I would find in the box, but the love pouring from every pour in the cardboard was tangible.

Pictured here are the contents of the box. The most beautiful and exquisite quilt every made, a large pile of appliques for use in a never ending host of projects, fabric squares and fat quarters, a cute bunny, a cozy, card, letter...it seemed the box had no bottom.

Last April, when Randy died, I thought my world had fallen completely apart. None of us could have predicted it. I was lost. If I hadn't had this wonderful group of quilters to help me along each day, I wouldn't have had the strength to support my children as they moved through their own grief process. Individually and collectively you all kept me going during some really dark and lonely days. You were my Jesus-with-skin-on.

The beauty of this quilt, the fabric, small gifts and cards is beyond words. You have ministered to my heart in ways I can't even understand. I am truly humbled. Thank you...Thank you...Thank you
Gwyn, what a wonderful group of beautiful friends you have surrounded yourself with. This is such a wonderful expression of love to a lovely person. I was where you are now two years ago. There will always be days that are harder than others but wrap yourself up in this lovely quilt and feel the love sent to you in a large box, to hold a large group of friends sending a large gift of love to you.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Power Poster

What a wonderful thread and posts. Through tears...I type..and think. What other pastime could bring so many people together from all different parts of the world, and create a beautiful, tangible expression of love and caring? To Mousie and all the other contributors, you have done something absolutely priceless. Gwyn, despite dreadful loss, you now know, there will always be love in your life.

Thank you all for sharing this very special moment with the rest of us. Love, light and peace from the land of Aus.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Dee

Blessings to you. All items in surprise box were very pretty.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

Gwyn, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope each time you wrap up in it, or look at this quilt you will feel the love from our hearts to yours. You deserve it. I was very happy to help Mousie and think she did a great job on it.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 PM

This has been such a wonderful couple of days with all the greetings and comments to read. I think I must have had tunnel vision during those dark days. You are the best group of friends a person could ever imagine. I don't know what I would do without you. Thanks

I hope you all have a very beautiful winter holiday season no matter which of the holidays you choose to celebrate. It is a beautiful time of year.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:53 AM

Sorry I was not a part of this for you Gwyn, but you are a blessing to have on this QB.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
Helen
Old 12-04-2010, 04:52 AM

Gywn, I'm sure there will be some difficult and bittersweet moments as you go through this holiday season. Wrap the quilt around you and know that we are thinking of you.

Mousie, thank you so much for organizing this for us.