Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The things I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    What an awesome quilt!
    Somewhere the story of this quilt should be written down, show the receiver much, much later so he won't feel any guilt over your making it, and include it with the quilt. It's quite a tale that someone would love to hear about this quilt "someday".

Good job!

Jan in VA
    Jan always has the best advice and I agree. Love your color choices with the block makes a very graphic design.

Your quilt is beautiful.

You made a lovely and very meaningful quilt!

How beautiful! Congratulations!! Hope you and your family have a Very Happy, Healthy New Year!

That is just gorgeous, so unusual.
    DEB CAVAN

Congratulations, it's just beautiful and so special. I pray that you and hubby's trainer have a much better New Year.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

You did a wonderful job. I'm sure the blessings will be returned to you many times over. Your such a kind and caring person. God bless you

It's beautiful and what a caring thing to do, your hubby thinking of it and you doing the hard work. Wonderful.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Oh it is really beautiful and I am sure it will always be treasured, I cannot imagine the horrendous pain of losing a child. Thank you for your generosity towards the man!
    maker of the 'Oh Dear Jane' Quilt, or should I say trying to the the maker of it?

Quote Originally Posted by PJisChaos View Post
    LoL! I know, as quilters, we are all a rather dedicated bunch when it comes to meeting a deadline. This is one of the things I love about this "hobby", the pressure to get it done and off the design wall. On Friday, I started with what is shown in the first pic. Labored 14 hrs on Saturday, followed by 28 straight hours Sunday-Monday. The result of all these long hrs is the 2nd pic. It has been many moons since I pulled an all-nighter, and back then it was usually for a sick kid or worse, a sick hubby! LoL! But this one was truly worth it. It didn't get delivered on Christmas Eve as promised but was delivered at 5 am today to a very happy recipient.
    The story behind this quilt is what drove me to such an extreme to get it done and was the reason this pattern was chosen. Hubby started a new job back in Aug. of this year, and had an awesome trainer. Once trained, hubby started running his own route and didn't notice that his trainer was gone from work for quite awhile. Last month, hubby calls me and says "Do ya think ya can make a quilt by Christmas for Scott? His daughter(24) passed away a month ago.". Well, I didn't even hesitate or ask any questions. Just simply said "Sure, what colors?". Colors were to be blues, pattern was my choice. After hours of searching for just the right one, I came upon the Hugs & Kisses block and just knew it had to be this one. As a parent myself, it just seemed to fit.
    This was a very difficult one to finish, not that the pattern was hard or anything, but between the sewer backing up, the gas meter needing replaced, 2 weeks the grandson was sick followed by hubby being sick for a week, oldest son almost losing his eye through an injury and finally, me being sick for a week, I just didn't see it getting done. So that's the story and now here's the pics.
    You are AWESOME

Blog Entries
    You did a really nice job with that quilt. I'm sure it will bring some comfort to the Dad.
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt.!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Thank you for sharing your story and your lovely quilt! DO share this, one day, with your husband's trainer...he may not realize the time and care that go into making of such a quilt. It may mean even more to him once he is aware of your loving hard work and sacrifice to make it.
    Last edited by JulieD; 12-27-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Absolutely perfect!

Yes, a beautiful quilt. Your color choices are great (sorry about the black; I have problems with blacks also) Would you mind sharing the name of the pattern, or is it your creation? I do note your graph work, but....... I can relate to the extended labor hours as I have stayed up through 3 days and 2 nights with no sleep (and worked the 10 hour days away from home each day) just to finish a church raffle quilt. Don't plan on doing that again!!! Thanks for sharing.

Ooops!!! I missed where you wrote it was the Hugs & Kisses block.
    Last edited by sharin'Sharon; 12-27-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: ad lib

My oh my this is gorgeous. What a great gesture and story. Lovely quilt!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Boy talk about about pedal to the metal. Looks great and I like your graft paper quilt plans.

The quilt is just beautiful! I, too tried to beat a deadline this year but did not quite complete my project. still putting in the hours of a king sized quilt. Maybe by New Year's?

Wow! Beautiful quilt. Love it.

The story behind the quilt is so sad. I'm sure the quilt will bring comfort and warmth.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. But what was Christmas like for you? Did you sleep through it?!!

Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
    Beautiful. But what was Christmas like for you? Did you sleep through it?!!
    Oh my, I am still trying to get my sleep caught up! We haven't had our Christmas yet, been waiting for the GS to come back so we can do it as a family. So, tonight is our Christmas Eve since the lil guy comes home today.

Blog Entries
    beautiful quilt I have always liked that pattern what a lot of hard work in a short time a wonderful gift

Beautiful quilt! I am sure it will be treasured by your husband's trainer and his family.

lbc
    What a wonderful thing to do. I know this quilt will be greatly appreciated. It is beautiful.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast