Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Triangle quilt >

Triangle quilt

Triangle quilt

Old 12-28-2014, 01:05 AM

WOW! Your quilt is awesome.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:35 AM

so did you start and stop in EVERY triangle?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:38 AM

The quilt is gorgeous--love the colors and the triangle design. Your quilting is really outstanding and just perfect for the design! Lucky boss!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 10:34 AM

I absolutely love your quilt - the fabric choices, the pattern, and your exquisite quilting are all just super!! Thanks for sharing this terrific piece of work with us!
Old 12-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kathy View Post
so did you start and stop in EVERY triangle?
Yup. It got very tedious. I had to take many breaks from this quilt due to the tediousness of it. Each row took an hour and half to do after the ditch work. I was able to ditch it in one pass with one continuous line across the bottom then zig zag along the outer edge of each triangle. I could usually do one of the half ones on the end in the same pass.
The white centered triangles were two starts and stops each. One for the center portion and one for the outer portion where I did the circles in circles. First I would ditch the inner white triangle then come in and do that tri-crescent design using the pebbles in the background to travel. I don't knot and bury unless it is a show quilt so I stopped by taking several small back and forth stitches in areas where there was already a lot of thread build up so it wouldn't show. Then I would do the outer portion. First ruler work for the outside line 1/4" in from the edge. Then I would make a circle to travel to the inside do the second line again 1/4" from edge then make my circles. The frondy feather in the colored triangles I ditched again on the inside seam of the triangle and then swooped in and did the frond.

Needless to say I wasn't able to gift it in time for Christmas. I made up a story that I spazzed and forgot her gift at home on Christmas eve day. Now she is on vacation until January 2nd and the pressure is off. I am binding it by hand and should be done with it and laundered in plenty of time.

The coolest thing is after I started making this quilt for her last year, I noticed she wore these colors a lot. So I know she likes these colors based on her wardrobe. She is the lone gal in a house full of men between husband and two sons, even the dog is a boy. So I wanted to gift her something super girly.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Beautiful quilt and your quilting is awesome. Thanks for showing it.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:25 PM

I really, REALLY Love this. Wish I was your boss so I could look forward to getting one. Great job!! Quilting designs are a fabulous addition. Excellent.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:13 PM

Awesome, I have the pattern and fabric but its in the "To Do" pile, you give me inspiration.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:21 PM

What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors and the quilting is wonderful!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

What a fun and happy quilt and you are right about the back. You have a reversible quilt. Each side outshines the other.
Awesome.
peace