Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 152

Thread: Trip to Barcelona & Sitges Quilting show MORE PICS PG. 7 & 9

  1. #126
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,885
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Elle - the pictures are great. The artist from Michigan took one of the big prizes in Paducah with the village reflected in the sea. ALL of her quilts are absolutely gorgeous! I didn't know she sold patterns.

  2. #127
    Dee
    Dee is offline
    Super Member Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pa.
    Posts
    3,618
    Love them all. But the Russian quilts were my favorite. Also, the floded scrap one.

  3. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    935
    Those are quite stunning works of art. Thanks for sharing.

  4. #129
    Senior Member Janquiltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Peoria Arizona
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for sharing your quilt show experience. The quilts were stunning.

  5. #130
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Thanks Elle - the pictures are great. The artist from Michigan took one of the big prizes in Paducah with the village reflected in the sea. ALL of her quilts are absolutely gorgeous! I didn't know she sold patterns.
    Yes she was taking orders for the ones that had sold out and she only had a few left when we got there. they are not expensive either.

    Link for those that want to buy or just have a look at some more stunning work is :

    http://www.lenorecrawford.com

    Elle

  6. #131
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Just found some more that I thought I had posted.The lady in the chair is amazing
    Attached Images Attached Images



  7. #132
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    a few more
    Attached Images Attached Images



  8. #133
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,322
    Blog Entries
    19
    These are incredible - they look far more like paintings than quilts. Thank you Elle.

  9. #134
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    These are incredible - they look far more like paintings than quilts. Thank you Elle.
    I believe the tecnique uses photographs from which she then uses fabrics, but it is truly amazing.

  10. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    346
    Oh, so beautiful!

  11. #136
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,885
    Blog Entries
    1
    I spent quite some time looking at her web site. She's a master at applique - and embellishing with paint. She's won quite a few well-deserved awards. How lucky you were to meet her and see so many of her quilts in person!

  12. #137
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I spent quite some time looking at her web site. She's a master at applique - and embellishing with paint. She's won quite a few well-deserved awards. How lucky you were to meet her and see so many of her quilts in person!
    Unfortunately I didnīt actually meet her she had gone to take a class..... I didnīt know classes were on offer..darn it.... so I spoke with the spanish lady she had left in charge and she told me about her and she was selling pieces for the time she was away, just missed her. But this lady is going far, her pieces are for sale on her web sites so google her name and they are not expensive (at this moment in time)..Lenore Crawford.

    Elle

  13. #138
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,894
    Thank you for sharing the art quilts. Someday I will try a landscape. Those are wonderful.

  14. #139
    Super Member Kimkankwilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Saugus, CA
    Posts
    1,308
    Looks like a wonderful show...thanks for sharing all of your photos.

  15. #140
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Absolutely fabulous to see the cultural differences displayed in the quilts. I was especially interested in the thread painting with the bolts, the stamps and the tea bags as I have been using tea bags in a lot of the work that I am doing at the moment. Thank you very much for posting them.
    Just for your interest, I donīt think you can see clearly in the picture but the tea bags were dyed with different colours of tea, I wish I could remember the name of the leaf she used, its a white almost opal affect petal from a flower that dries that way. it will come back to me LOL probably in the middle of the night
    Is it the silver seed pod from 'Honesty' Lunaria, is it's Latin name Elle!

  16. #141
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Absolutely fabulous to see the cultural differences displayed in the quilts. I was especially interested in the thread painting with the bolts, the stamps and the tea bags as I have been using tea bags in a lot of the work that I am doing at the moment. Thank you very much for posting them.
    Just for your interest, I donīt think you can see clearly in the picture but the tea bags were dyed with different colours of tea, I wish I could remember the name of the leaf she used, its a white almost opal affect petal from a flower that dries that way. it will come back to me LOL probably in the middle of the night
    Is it the silver seed pod from 'Honesty' Lunaria, is it's Latin name Elle!
    Yes you clever thing you. Its honesty that was shown on the tea bag wall hanging.
    Thanks Izy Elle

  17. #142
    Izy
    Izy is offline
    Super Member Izy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Halifax, W. Yorks, U.K.
    Posts
    5,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Absolutely fabulous to see the cultural differences displayed in the quilts. I was especially interested in the thread painting with the bolts, the stamps and the tea bags as I have been using tea bags in a lot of the work that I am doing at the moment. Thank you very much for posting them.
    Just for your interest, I donīt think you can see clearly in the picture but the tea bags were dyed with different colours of tea, I wish I could remember the name of the leaf she used, its a white almost opal affect petal from a flower that dries that way. it will come back to me LOL probably in the middle of the night
    Is it the silver seed pod from 'Honesty' Lunaria, is it's Latin name Elle!
    Yes you clever thing you. Its honesty that was shown on the tea bag wall hanging.
    Thanks Izy Elle
    Fond memories of my Granny and this flower Elle, we used to gather them in the hedgerows and peel the outer cases off to reveal the silver disc

    :-D

  18. #143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cypress, Texas by the way of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    154
    Wow! I got to go to a quilt show in Spain and did not have to leave my house. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures.
    Donna

  19. #144
    Senior Member pennyswings1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    I meant to tell you all the artist from Michigan... Lenore Crawford has a site and you can buy her patterns for 9$.

    Here is the site:

    http://www.lenorecrawford.com

    Elle
    OMG Elle I went to her site and her work is spectacular!!! She is a real artist. Thank you for sharing her site.

  20. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    704
    That was very kind of you to share all those pictures. It is always interesting to see quilts from other countries and their visions of quilting. At the bottom of your pictures you had the date 2/1/2025. Did you not change it to 2011?

  21. #146
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer
    That was very kind of you to share all those pictures. It is always interesting to see quilts from other countries and their visions of quilting. At the bottom of your pictures you had the date 2/1/2025. Did you not change it to 2011?
    No didnīt have time, batteries gave out and I was too anxious to get photos to bother about the date. So you got them in the future LOL

    Elle

  22. #147
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,227
    Wow, what a display, thankyou for sharing with us.

  23. #148
    Super Member gramma mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central CA
    Posts
    1,147
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by neeng
    Wow! So many of them are quite different from what we see here...it's nice to see the variety and the cultural differences. I was going to tell you which I liked best but can't decide.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    And I love the quote on your signature.
    Ditto!

  24. #149
    KLO
    KLO is offline
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Central, NC
    Posts
    2,767
    Blog Entries
    26
    I also want to send you my thanks for taking the time to post all of these photos. They are definitely inspiring. I am going to look into that MistyFuse that Lenore Crawford uses. It sounds better than the fusible I have been using. Again, thanks for your generosity in posting. (Spain sounds wonderful!)

  25. #150
    Super Member Butterflyspain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Torrox, Andalucia, Southern Spain
    Posts
    9,532
    Your very welcome glad you enjoyed them

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.