Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Up-Date on Merry Little Christmas

Up-Date on Merry Little Christmas

Well I don't want to use the star in the center of this quilt, so I was looking into panels, I really like this on as it have four smaller ones I can use on the borders but this is a little big for the center, I may have to cut it down more and see how it will look, almost down two sides. Lots of work but loving the results so far. What do you think of this center?? Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Oh, can't press till done or will loose my design.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

It almost seems that panel does not do justice to your beautful hand embroidery, embellishement and coloring. But I don't know what a good solution would be. Maybe it would look better once it is trimmed down to fit better?

Thanks, this is the star they used and I just didn't like it, looks bunched up??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merry-Little...item4aad743ef6

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    It almost seems that panel does not do justice to your beautful hand embroidery, embellishement and coloring. But I don't know what a good solution would be. Maybe it would look better once it is trimmed down to fit better?
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Blog Entries
    I agree, I would cut it down to just the picture itself. It is beautiful!

But now after you posted the original picture, I have to say I really like the pieced center! Just to add to any confusion!
    Last edited by Crqltr; 07-25-2012 at 11:41 AM.

I love the panel, but your embroidery work and coloring is fantastic. I feel that the red in the panel is too red for the embroidery, how would it look to remove the red trim from the panel, and replace with a more closer match to the coloring in a small outline border of the panel......Just a suggestion.

I would use that panell for something else, don't think it should be cut down anymore. I think just all of it should be the same as around it. I doubt any pre-printed picture would do your work justice.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I like both the panel and the star in the pattern - no help at all.

Blog Entries
    Me too l like both... sorry

Thanks everyone, if I can work it out, I will use the panel, to see it in person it's just stunning. I have found border fabric's to match and with the four other blocks from the panel, should pull all together.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    Thanks everyone, if I can work it out, I will use the panel, to see it in person it's just stunning. I have found border fabric's to match and with the four other blocks from the panel, should pull all together.
    That sounds great... I'm really anxious to see this all done!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Thank you.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

IMHO, I don't think this is the panel to go with all your beautiful hand work. I think something more subtle would complement your work. Keep searching. The right one will come along. Lots of time until Christmas. I do love what you've done so far. Great work. Please keep us posted on your search and your progression.
    The bad news is - time flies.
    The good news is - you're the pilot!

I love the panel and I love your embroidery. But it seems like the deep colors in the panel overshadow your beautiful, "delicate" hand work. You could continue on but then I'd find the same shade of red that is in the panel and add a border on the outside of the quilt and I think it would frame it out nicely.
    Last edited by nygal; 07-26-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Thank you all so much, I do have border fabric's picked but in the end I will do what looks the best. After all the hrs that are gonna go into this embrioridy ( 80) so far. I want it to look awesome.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I think it's all pretty but I couldn't decide what would be best to do unless I see this in person. I bet it's beautiful.

Are you going to be using the red "bows" on the outer edge? If so, the red around the inner panel probably needs to be that shade. Other than that, I would say that the panel will work okay, but would work better if you could find something similar that is taller and narrower. Maybe - I hate to add to the number of hours! - something more that you embroider in the center would really be the icing on the cake. You could enlarge one of the designs from the outer border or come up with just a large Christmas tree for the center. Here's an example of one that is free clip art, but you could Google through hundreds of them. http://www.wmfclipart.com/images/Chr..._Tree.GIF.html I think you are a wonderfully patient and talented to undertake all this beautiful hand work!

Thanks so much, I have though along these lines as well, I was gonna applique a tree in the center and add some lights, and did thing about also embroidering a tree or something along these lines. I also though of Santa and his sleigh.??? This would kind of go in center and go on an upward slope??

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
    Are you going to be using the red "bows" on the outer edge? If so, the red around the inner panel probably needs to be that shade. Other than that, I would say that the panel will work okay, but would work better if you could find something similar that is taller and narrower. Maybe - I hate to add to the number of hours! - something more that you embroider in the center would really be the icing on the cake. You could enlarge one of the designs from the outer border or come up with just a large Christmas tree for the center. Here's an example of one that is free clip art, but you could Google through hundreds of them. http://www.wmfclipart.com/images/Chr..._Tree.GIF.html I think you are a wonderfully patient and talented to undertake all this beautiful hand work!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Ideals for merry little christmas

These were some ideals for the center??
    Attached Images Attached Images

buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Senior Member The Quiet Quilter's Avatar
    Just adding my two cents worth, but I think the bells in the
    last picture done in the colors you used in the borders
    would be awesome!!!! Hugs, Sharon
    If you can't have the best of everything,
    make the best of every thing you have.

Thanks everyone, have an ideal, just have to see how it works out.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

You are doing a wonderful job on the border. I have been afraid to try that method. Hope you can cut the center panel down to a good size-I think it's a nice option for that border.

Kat

Oh sometimes we try to make the shoe fit...i think the panel is wonderful and your embroidery phenomenal...but i do not believe the two work well together...the panel is bold and your embroidery dainty...just my honest opinion.

Power Poster
    Your embroidery looks wonderful.
    Hopefully, we will get to see if when you are finished!

Thanks everyone, I have one more border to add, the panel worked out well and really blends in super with the embroidery work. I will post a picture when done.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom