Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Update on sewing room >
  • Update on sewing room

• Update on sewing room

Old 07-19-2009, 01:38 AM
    Banned

I looks pretty darned organized to me! And I'm jealous of those cabinets on the wall. Of course, it is a case of "Out of sight, out of mind" with me, so maybe not! LOL

My room is pretty cramped, and when I'm in here, and I have all the cats and the dog laying around, there isn't any room to walk! I have to make someone move if I even shift my chair! LOL
    Old 07-19-2009, 01:59 AM

Ok, all the cabinets on the top, are full of boxes that belong to Courtney. The closet door you CAN see, that has the boxes to my sewing machine, the tv and some other smaller boxes. Yes, we save ALL boxes that everything comes in so we have the original packing when we move. It's safer that way.
    Behind the door is another closet. That is full to the top with boxes that are Courtneys. Behind the curtain between the closets are/is junk! Yes, pure junk! I'm hoping to purge that within the next month or 2.
    I usually have a cat on the carpet, which is now back in the room. They won't jump on the table while I'm sewing because they don't like the noise for some reason. BUT...once the "noise" stops, up they come. But, mostly, they stay on the floor. When I was in the other room, they were ALWAYS with me sewing because I sat in front of the window.
    Old 07-19-2009, 03:28 AM
    Banned

Hah! Bob Leno says "I ain't afraid of no stinking machine!" LOL. He sits next to the sewing machine and tries to play with the flywheel, he watches the thread come off the spool (he would try to grab that, but he does know what the word NO means, especially when spoken in THAT voice! LOL) and has even tried to put his paw under the pressor foot. He's a mess!!! :D
    Old 07-19-2009, 03:29 AM

Oh, silly little girl cat tried to "catch" the needle one time. Almost caught her paw, but broke my needle threader instead. GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Old 07-19-2009, 03:31 AM
    Banned

Grrrrrrr is right!!! I'll bet she ran like h-e-double toothpicks when you yelled! Isn't it amazing how you can want to absolutely skin them one second and still love them the next!
    Old 07-19-2009, 03:39 AM

Yup! Now she nor Big Boy comes near the machine when it's running. Silly little girl. But, I love her........
    Old 07-19-2009, 04:09 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I have to have mine out right now. Have to get them started.
    If you look at the "green tower", that's all my Christmas stuff. The very top shelf is nothing but fabric books that have already been cut out and they need to be put together. November will be here before I know it!
    So, this week I finish (hopefully) Hugs and Kisses, then I can finish off a wedding gift, then start straight in on the craft fair items that need to be started. Courtney says she'll help if she can have some of the profits. lol
    I told her I'd pay her $3 per book. There are 77 of them that need putting together, so if they all sell, that's $231 she'll make. She will only get paid on what sells.
    Where are you getting stationed to? I guess I missed this info somewheres
    PS...... love the room. I really need to do something with mine. It shrunk in size,. I swear :lol:
    Old 07-19-2009, 04:24 AM

Love that tangerine on the walls!! You've got so many goodies, I'd be tickled pink to spend a couple of days {at least} in there!!! :D
    Old 07-19-2009, 04:46 AM

Bev, we are still crossing our fingers for Virginia. Hubby says that Washington State MIGHT come into play, don't know. But, I DO know there are some really nice quilt shops in the Bremerton area. Scoped them out when I was there visiting a couple years ago.

Come on over Diana! You can play too!
    Old 07-19-2009, 04:54 AM
    Banned

Bremerton is about a couple hours from me. My best friend and her hubby at the time was stationed in Bangor. Now shes married to a gal and lives in Canada. When dad was in the Navy we were in Banger too. I liked it there. Of course back then 60's, there were no quilt shops. VA is cool too although I don't remember alot about it.... I was born there :?