Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A very small exhibition in Ireland >

A very small exhibition in Ireland

A very small exhibition in Ireland

Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by nana2
If those in the world who think that quilters are just a bunch of little ole ladies who don't know nothing from nothing only knew how caring, and passoniate we are for our families, friends and the world we live in, they would have a better understanding of our talents and creations of our quilts AND I doubt that we would be looked upon as "little ole ladies"
Nana2, couldnīt have said it better myself. I am raising a glass to you

Elle
Old 10-03-2009, 04:51 AM

Thanks for sharing!! Very nice quilts!! The castle was fun to see too. What a great variety of quilts! The dancer quilt was pretty amazing. I love the more traditional ones too!!! I can't decide which is my favorite. :D
Old 10-03-2009, 06:48 AM

THank you for sharing the pics of the quilts and the castle. The quilts are beautiful.
:-)
Old 10-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kapatt
THank you for sharing the pics of the quilts and the castle. The quilts are beautiful.
:-)
Thank you K for supplying Yeat's poem, just to set the scene. the Dancer quilt was by one our ladies who is perhaps a little more artistic amongst us and she always does super quilts, quite often with fabric painted details on them.
I made the willow pattern quilt (more blue and white LOL) but I didn't design it, though I enjoyed embellishing it with beads, lace and as many trimmings as I could think of. It's just right for me to take naps on the sofa. I am ashamed to say the I made a mistake and misspelled Gail's name. It is Gail Lawther, and you can find her on www.gail-quilts-plus.co.uk, email [email protected].
I knew you would all like pics of the castle, it is truly picturesque. As for our lush countryside, it is rarely anything other than green, thanks to all the weather systems that come our way across the Atlantic. (Thanks, USA! LOL) That is how we get our 'forty shades of green' and there are probably more than that.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:48 PM

What beautiful quilts and scenery you are so lucky to be green most of the time.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Lesley, thank you for the link to Gail's site. If I can't draw my own design, I will use her teahouse pattern.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Thanks for the quilt show! Lovely work and the setting was cool too. I liked your lace creation the best!

The Yeats poem was awesome too K.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:29 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Thank you K for supplying Yeat's poem, just to set the scene. I made the willow pattern quilt (more blue and white LOL) but I didn't design it, though I enjoyed embellishing it with beads, lace and as many trimmings as I could think of.
You're welcome!

I thought it was your work - inspired by your beautiful china collection, no doubt! :D It's lovely, I LOVE blue and white. :D
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 AM

Thanks for sharing! What a wonderful castle and surrounding area, very picturesque. You are so fortunate to enjoy Ireland and all its beauty.

My favorite quilt is the 'snowflakes'...did you make it? Love the colors and snowflakes with so many designs. love it love it.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 PM

All were nice but the snowflake quilt is my pick. The celtic knots is intreging and the spider quilt a hoot.