Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Vintage Singer, found out the year, and here are pics... >

Vintage Singer, found out the year, and here are pics...

Vintage Singer, found out the year, and here are pics...

Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM

Thank you for sharing your priceless story. Look forward to seeing what you create in the future. I agree with Charlee...write it down! I am also a scrapbooker and writing stories is so very important...in your own handwriting!

I have my grandmothers 1937 Singer, in the cabinet. It has a motor. Perhaps you could have a motor added to yours?!?!? In the past I have made clothes on it. I am now spoiled to the modern machines! :)
Old 08-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

I also agree with Charlee!!!!!!!
Fabulous machine- so glad you have it :D:D
Old 08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Your machine is quite a treasure, how lucky you are to have it :D:D:D
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM

I love the storys that these old machines have to tell.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Thanks ya'll, for the kind comments, and the great idea to write the stories down and put with the machine! I did not realize that you can't see the motor on the back of the machine in my pics, but it does have one. All I can really see is it needs a good cleaning!! EEK!! Mom says Ma had it added on, but neither of us can recall when...I have so many great memories of Ma, and Nanny...I am blessed to have had some wonderful women in my life...and am thankful to still have my Mom...she is 7 yrs in remission from lung cancer...she only has 1 lung, but does remarkably well! She doesn't sew or quilt, tho...she crochets..and she always says she is so glad that I inherited the love for all things fabric, as she did not...I will post more pics of machine as DH and I get it going, he is pretty good at working on my machines, for a guy who doesn't do that for a living...I posted a little update on a separate post about the motor, but wasn't sure if I should add it here, so forgive me if you are reading the same stuff...thanks again!
K