Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Wanna see what the Fabric Angel sent me >

Wanna see what the Fabric Angel sent me

Wanna see what the Fabric Angel sent me

Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
On the subject of France and Spain travel, DH and I will be on a cruise in late September through mid Oct along the Atlantic coasts of France and Spain. We signed up because we'll visit places we didn't see when we lived in Munich!
That's only about 1 and a half hours drive from us! are you in port anywhere?

K x
Old 05-25-2009, 07:52 AM

On the subject of France and Spain travel, DH and I will be on a cruise in late September through mid Oct along the Atlantic coasts of France and Spain. We signed up because we'll visit places we didn't see when we lived in Munich!
Where in Spain do you dock, Malaga ? let me know
Old 05-25-2009, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Oh, she eats fish and seafood, no worries there, just not meat.
Is Hans telling us his age? He's 1? lol Tell him I love him too! lmao

Elle, you'll love her, everyone always does, she's just a great person!

I dont' think she'll be bringing any tools with her. lol
Just an empty suitcase for all the pretties we will see. :)

I was checking prices, just trying to figure out about what it would cost. The cost WENT DOWN!!
This is for this year, but check out the price! Can't see it going up all that much for next year, do you?

5:15 pm Depart Richmond (RIC)
Arrive Malaga (AGP) 4:10 pm +1 day Tue 15-Sep

7:05 am Depart Malaga (AGP)
Arrive Paris (CDG) 9:30 am Wed 23-Sep

1:30 pm Depart Paris (CDG)
Arrive Richmond (RIC) 8:33 pm
TOTAL PRICE $681.80
That doesn't include the price from Paris to K's place. Gotta get that price figured out.

For the same dates, if I were to go to K's first, then on to Spain....I'd have to leave from Washington, DC and that price is $692.70

Not bad, huh????

I just put in round about dates.....it'll be sometime in September
Great Prices Terri,

By the way Malaga has a great train service, but donīt know where they go in France will have to check that out.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Terri - Hans is just looking to see if you can fly from Malaga to Bordeaux then we can pick you up from there. It's less than a couple of hours drive; Paris is 4-5 hours so a plane or train to Limoges would be the best bet. Limoges is an hour from us. He just said there aren't any from Malaga to Bordeaux BUT if we can work it round a time when Hans is passing Paris, which he does most weeks, he can pick you up there. IF you can behave on a four and a half hour drive in the car with him - HE SAYS!

Sorry Elle - your thread is well and truly HI JACKED lol!

K x
Donīt worry about that K, its all in a good cause.

bytthe way folks my long awaited PATTERN has arrived, just hope I havenīt bit off more than I can chew LOL Hmmm thats vegeterian isnīt it.
LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

bytthe way folks my long awaited PATTERN has arrived, just hope I havenīt bit off more than I can chew LOL Hmmm thats vegeterian isnīt it.
LOL
I don't think you can feed Mary Ellen quilting patterns though, Elle! :lol:

K x
Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 AM

okay then, but I was thinking of me, as I canīt seem to shift those few extra pounds before the wedding :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cry: :? :(
Old 05-25-2009, 10:07 AM

That's sweet K and Elle :wink: :wink: - but we'll be in and out and touring several towns one at a time, and not docking more than a day at each. I'm just thrilled to finally visit places we missed :D I wish the Island with the monkeys was included.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:51 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Her name is Maryellen. She's such a "gentle soul". Love her to death. We actually compliment each other. People cannot understand HOW we became friends. She's an engineer (3 masters degrees) with Department of Defense and then there's little old me. Smart lady, she is. She must be, she has me as her friend! :) And yes, I made her a quilt. I even hand delivered it to her. I was in Hawaii at the time and did a surprise visit to her. She had no clue!
She loves people, comes from a HUGE family and loves to have people around, but also loves her quiet time. Ya'll will just love her...I do!
I told her once that if she were a man, I'd divorce hubby and marry her. lol I'm sure you'll all love her as much as I do.
Oh, and she's quite handy around the house too! Since she's not married, lives alone, she's learned how to fix TONS of things.
She's a vegetarian...but not one of those that will down people who eat meat or anything. She just doesn't like the texture of meat....strange, I know.
I'll have to make sure she packs an empty suitcase too....never know, I might need more room. lol
Terri:
When I go visit my son in NY I always pack an empty suitcase. I buy the expandable kind and put a half empty one inside a empty one. That way I am only going with one suitcase and a carry-on. I usually only take enough clothes for a couple of days and shop till I drop when I am there. LOL.
Penny
Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM

That's sweet K and Elle :wink: :wink: - but we'll be in and out and touring several towns one at a time, and not docking more than a day at each. I'm just thrilled to finally visit places we missed :D I wish the Island with the monkeys was included.
You mean Gibraltar, let you into a secret you are not missing a thing, Gibraltar is not that special and those monkeys are wicked they steal things out of your handbag.

Elle
Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Banned

[I was checking prices, just trying to figure out about what it would cost. The cost WENT DOWN!!
This is for this year, but check out the price! Can't see it going up all that much for next year, do you?]

[b]I have cousins who live in Europe, but were here in the states for a couple of years (she is from Denmark). Anyhow, whenever they wanted to go back to Europe to visit, she had someone there in Europe buy the ticket, because she said that it was several hundred dollars cheaper to buy it THERE as oppposed to buying it in the states. Round trip purchased from the states would be, say, $1200, but if she bought it from the Europe side, it would be around $760. That is quite a savings! Don't know if this is still true, what with the economy the way it is, but it's worth a look!

Y'all have a WONDERFUL trip.!!!!