Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Want to make this Betty Boop Quilt

  1. #1
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    Does anyone know where to find a Betty boop stencil with her head and no clothes? Look at this pattern and see. The article said she used a nude betty stamp and sent it to friends and they added the clothes and sent the blocks back. SO cute.

    I thought I could draw her head with pencils and her body....any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Member May in Jersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,549
    No suggestions but Betty Boop quilt is great, May in Jersey

  3. #3
    Super Member Dolphyngyrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,699
    How about free coloring book pages online for a pattern

  4. #4
    Super Member DeeBooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Syracuse,NY
    Posts
    1,529
    Wow, that is a great quilt...hope you find out how to make it and I would love the pattern too.

  5. #5
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,439
    you could make a plastic template to trace her on with a pigma pen. It could be done in a couple of templates. One for her body, another for her hair, eyes and just colored in. I tried to search for a stamp and didn't find anything.

  6. #6
    Super Member ssnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arma, Kansas
    Posts
    3,403
    Debbie, I love Betty Boop. That is such a cute quilt. If you draw her face, send her around with some undies on and please send me a drawn figure pattern. I would like to be in this kind of swap. I will put clothes on her - one for you and one for me. Sherry

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Halls Cross Roads, TN
    Posts
    944
    Blog Entries
    133
    Debbie, Do a search just as I type it. Don't forget the quotation marks. One site had her in lingerie so you could adlib her body. "aunt martha""quilt pattern""betty boop".
    Do all of this as one search.

  8. #8
    Power Poster debcavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spring Green,WI
    Posts
    14,626
    It is toooooooooo fun to look at all the different outfits.

  9. #9
    Super Member daisey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,701
    Me too what a great swap...Betty Boop is so cute!

  10. #10
    Super Member NauDeeGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Westland, Michigan
    Posts
    1,344
    http://www.ioffer.com/i/6-vintage-be...69?source=eisi

    The Betty in the upper right corner looks like the one in the page you posted.

  11. #11
    Super Member fabric_fancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    at my sewing machine
    Posts
    1,975
    i would do a swap too

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fultondale, Al.
    Posts
    5,368
    Oh, how cute.

  13. #13
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
    http://www.ioffer.com/i/6-vintage-be...69?source=eisi

    The Betty in the upper right corner looks like the one in the page you posted.
    I looked and put in an offer. These are 8"-10" for a 12"blockl. Hope she answers soon. Thanks

    also did the search using "aunt martha""quilt pattern""betty Boop". So many things to look at. So we will see.

  14. #14
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    The writing on bottom of picture is for another quilt in the same book, not this one.

    Now you need to find someone who knows how and wants to do a swap like this. Almost a paperdoll betty boop swap. I would join but cannot host it. ♥♥
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #15
    Super Member NauDeeGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Westland, Michigan
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Quote Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
    http://www.ioffer.com/i/6-vintage-be...69?source=eisi

    The Betty in the upper right corner looks like the one in the page you posted.
    I looked and put in an offer. These are 8"-10" for a 12"blockl. Hope she answers soon. Thanks

    also did the search using "aunt martha""quilt pattern""betty Boop". So many things to look at. So we will see.
    Great! I hope you get it as much as you like Betty Boop! This looks like a fun project to have your QB friends share in the fun of making outfits for your BB quilt!

  16. #16
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    you could make a plastic template to trace her on with a pigma pen. It could be done in a couple of templates. One for her body, another for her hair, eyes and just colored in. I tried to search for a stamp and didn't find anything.
    If I don't get the bid on the patterns, great idea. I can find cartoon/comic book photo and copy to templates. The magazine it came in does not go into detail, just aparagraph saying she received this from friends. Everyone did a block.

  17. #17
    Super Member hopetoquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,873
    That quilt is just awesome. I reread the posts and not sure how the idea of a swap came about. I have never participated in one but I like that quilt so much that if anyone decided to do a swap, I would be very interested.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,923
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Quote Originally Posted by hperttula123
    you could make a plastic template to trace her on with a pigma pen. It could be done in a couple of templates. One for her body, another for her hair, eyes and just colored in. I tried to search for a stamp and didn't find anything.
    If I don't get the bid on the patterns, great idea. I can find cartoon/comic book photo and copy to templates. The magazine it came in does not go into detail, just a paragraph saying she received this from friends. Everyone did a block.
    just remember Betty is a licensed art and she comes with very serious copyrights!
    I hope you get the patterns..that would help!

  19. #19
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    Hi Jaciqltznok....YOu are right. I actually accepted her counter offer and paid already. The patterns are on the way to me. When I get them I can tell ya'll how to find them too and where. This was from a seller on I something. It was on the link I mentioned above. Thank you. I have such a good Betty collection I know she is a 'heavy" copyright. Gotta love my Boops. I'll post here when they get here. It was 8.50 and I offered 6 and she countered with 7. Gotta meet halfway. This was fun. I never heard of that site before. Now I am a member.

  20. #20
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Okay, what is the site?

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    262
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    Does anyone know where to find a Betty boop stencil with her head and no clothes? Look at this pattern and see. The article said she used a nude betty stamp and sent it to friends and they added the clothes and sent the blocks back. SO cute.

    I thought I could draw her head with pencils and her body....any suggestions?
    I found this blog with loads of Betty photos, but the one on this page seems closest to nude that I could find other than a few bikini shots. The bikini shots change her body orientation, but they're on there as well, just click the links to the right.

    http://bettybooppicturesarchive.blog...ing-pages.html

  22. #22
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,480
    Cute

  23. #23
    Super Member LETIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Corse - FRANCE
    Posts
    1,504
    Betty Boop is so cute!

  24. #24
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    OMG I rec'd the patterns I ordered and they were only 6 pags of hand drawn with brown markers. Copyright blooper. I was a little miffed but oh well. SOmeone should report her. grrrrrrrr But they are nice. Can't use them for this quilt but maybe for painting on things I have. So sad. They were the perfect size for 12" squares too. Oh well.

  25. #25
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    OMG I rec'd the patterns I ordered and they were only 6 pags of hand drawn with brown markers. Copyright blooper. I was a little miffed but oh well. SOmeone should report her. grrrrrrrr But they are nice. Can't use them for this quilt but maybe for painting on things I have. So sad. They were the perfect size for 12" squares too. Oh well.
    I was a bit concerned when I saw the site you got them from. Not much protection from this kind of thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.