Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wedding quilt WIP

Beautiful Quilt and it looks like a big heart is it suppose to look that way. I think it is AWESOME!!!!
    BillsBonBon

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
    Beautiful Quilt and it looks like a big heart is it suppose to look that way. I think it is AWESOME!!!!
    Yes, the heart is there on purpose! :wink:

An update...
    Still working on this puppy!! Last night I sewed the border on one side! Woohoo! Took me about an hour it seems.... I wanted to make sure it lays well, so I measured the quilt, then cut the borders. Matched the center of the border with the center of the side, pinned. Then pinned each end, and after that I just kept finding the center between the pins until they were about 4" apart. This, from someone who rarely pins...and this first side is 100" long!!! Whew! I'm hoping to get the other 3 sides sewn tonight so I can take the top for Show & Tell at my Guild meeting tomorrow night. The approximate finished size will be 100" X 120"!
    Oh! We found the PERFECT backing fabric for it!! We went to the Fabric Patch (Local quilt shop) & were looking at the WIDE backing fabrics. Decided that one of the tone on tone creams would be the best. Since the design is very graphic, we were happy to see on that seemed to be blocks of vertical & horizontal lines :D Then, when we pulled it off the shelf to actually LOOK at it---it was words: "Love" "Prosperity" "Happiness" "Health" etc!! Now I ask you, how much more perfect could we find for a wedding quilt??!!! :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :D :D
    I'm hoping to get a good picture of it tomorrow night when it gets held up at guild, so then can post a new one on Friday. :D

Blog Entries
    Perfect backing for a wonderful quilt!

Wow--you did find the perfect backing fabric.

I cannot wait to see the top with the borders on too!!! Hurry, hurry!!

The quilt top got a great reception at Guild last night! Unfortunately, I still couldn't quite get the whole quilt in the picture! You can sort of see part of the border though....and this was with it being held up on the stage, hanging down over the edge in front! The colors look a bit faded out from the flash, but you get the idea.
    Now to get this baby layered & back under the walking foot! LOL

The infamous wedding quilt!
    Name:  Attachment-31792.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  65.1 KB

I made 2 throw pillows for Lindsey as a bridal shower gift, using leftover 9-Patches from the big quilt as the centers. Of course, I was trying to finish them both up the morning of the shower (ahem!) and had, um, technical difficulties! :wink:
    When I do pillows, I use 2 pieces for the back panel that overlap, so it's easy to take the pillow form out to wash the cover. I decided to use one of the 'fancy' stitches on the outside flap, so away I stitch! BUT....I was too close to the edge, so it sucked the fabric into the bobbin area. :( Sigh. I managed to get it undone & picked out, and started again. THIS time, the thread got stuck on the spool somehow, so I got a big lump! UGH! :x Got that picked out without wrecking the fabric & thought I'd better switch to a different stitch! So I did the wavy daisies - got it done without a problem! Hooray!!....except....I had sewn from the back side so I could see the folded under part, and the design does NOT look good from the bobbin side, which is now the side that SHOWS!!! Rats!! Pick, pick, pick again.....and change the stitch again - to a straight stitch!!!! However, all that picking took so much time, I didn't get the 2nd pillow done in time! So I wrapped one pillow & one pillow top - and after she opened it up, I told her I still had to finish! Luckily Lindsey's mom is a quilter, so she understood!! LOL

I also forgot to take a pic of the finished one, but here's a picture of the 2nd one, just before I stuffed the pillow inside, and a detail shot.
    Oh, the 1st pillow has a triple border with little 9-Patch cornerstones, sort of like the Infamous Wedding Quilt. I'll try to get a picture of it later.

close-up so you can see the fabrics better!
    Name:  Attachment-29732.jpe
Size:  55.8 KB

The 2nd pillow cover....
    Name:  Attachment-29733.jpe
Size:  50.1 KB

Looks like a very beautiful quilt!
    Kirsten

Great job on the pillows! I love them!

Blog Entries
    Very, very nice!!! :D

Blog Entries
    A very lucky couple to receive a beautiful quilt AND pillows too!!!! Great Job!!!! :D :D :D

Beautiful!!! Great job on quilt and pillow!!!

Those are great cases!

What a terrific set you have made her. Beautiful, with a heart cleverly designed into the bed quilt. Make a big todo presentation for the fun of seeing reactions... you deserve all the praise you will surely receive!
    Cathy

It's beautiful and I am sure they will treasure it !

I love the colors and the heart.

Looking good!

That is beautiful!! I am sure the bride and groom will love it! Especially as you have chosen such up to date colors!

whewweee, what we do in the name of love! :wink: :D

need new monitor...too dark, couldn't see quilt fabrics, real well, but pillow top is very pretty. love those colors together! :D

Thanks everyone! <taking a bow>
    Eventually I'll post a pic of it quilted & maybe even with Lindsey & George too! lol The wedding is tomorrow afternoon, so maybe I'll show them the top Sunday or next week - they leave the following weekend for their honeymoon at DisneyWorld. They met when they both worked at Disneyland....I'm sensing a theme here.... lol

That is beautiful! Best colors in the world (can you tell I love all blues? lol)

Beautiful beautiful!!

Thanks so much!

Blog Entries
    nice

I see a big heart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2