Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Wey hey I braved free motion!! >

Wey hey I braved free motion!!

Wey hey I braved free motion!!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by Izy
Sharon, thanks for your enthusiasm....I couldn't agree with you more on fabric being fun, due to fabric being so scarce here in Spain, all my friends on the quiltingboard helped me and my guild out by donating lots of fabric to us last year. It was an amazing show of friendship and I was able to make this quilt using alot of the brights I snaffled :D The hot pink sashings were a cotton dress I got from the charity shop!!

We have a fantastic group of quilters on this Board, my life has been enhanced so much by meeting everyone here :D :D :D
Everytime one of you gals tells of your difficulty in getting fabrics, I can't help but be thankful and appreciative for our resources here. Even though some of us have to travel miles to acquire our fabrics, we still know that it's there for us. We're down to one LQS within a 30-mile radius, but at least we have that. I know some of you are travelling much further.

I didn't know about the sharing of our fabrics here with our sisters across the water. I think that's what love of neighbor is all about -- sharing. I hope we do more of it.
Not having fabrics so readily available makes you very resourceful, unfortunately we only have one charity shop where I search for anything that can be used, but the problem now is our guild is growing, we have over 30 members, so guess who has stopped telling everyone about visiting the charity shop :roll: :roll: :lol:

Here's a link to the original topic about the fabric sharing :D

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/7985.page

Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Izy, I love your quilts (composition and color)
do you free motion, on a regular sewing machine or long arm
peel
Old 02-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by peel
Izy, I love your quilts (composition and color)
do you free motion, on a regular sewing machine or long arm
peel
I only have a Janome 9000 domestic...but it is set down in it's table which definitely helps. On this quilt I quilted in in two halves across the diagonal for ease then joined and quilted down the central strip :D
Old 02-05-2009, 01:31 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Beautiful Izy!
Sasha is so cute!

k x
Old 02-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Izy

She is my baby K!! Totally ruined I might add :D

K if you click on my name, you will go to my profile, then you can click on topics created by me...you will see the other work I have done since starting 2 years ago...I love to look thru everyones past topics :D
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 AM

Izy, I,too, have a Janome 9000 set in a table. I have tried some machine quilting, straight line in the ditch stuff with my walking foot. I am taking a class this Saturday to help me become more adventurous! I love your work! :lol:
Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Have PMd you, Izy!

k x
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM

That is such a cute quilt. And your stippling looks great! I'm jealous. Maybe the secret is to stop practicing so much and just go for it. I have a quilt that I pieced last winter that I'm not crazy about. I think I'm just going to give it a try and quilt it. You give me hope!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM

PS - the quilt inspector is adorable. I have one at my house too. But my quilt inspector likes to chew fabric so I have to keep him away from my quilts.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:37 AM

wow! Thanks for the info.
I'm about to quilt an Irish chain, queen size, on my home Viking. For the first time I'm going to do it in pieces also. First the entire center and then add the borders. My machine is also set into a table. Hope I have as good luck as you did.

thanks again,
peel