Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wey hey I braved free motion!!

Way to go Izy!!!

Do you have a long arm quilter or did you do this on your regular machine? I want to do this with a full size quilt too, but only have my regular Husqvarna machine.... It will be great for some scrappy quilts I have that I want to layer next year. I have a scrappy log cabin that I want to use when camping. It will be nice and warm to snuggle under during the cooler summer nights in the tent

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Way to go Izy!!!

Do you have a long arm quilter or did you do this on your regular machine? I want to do this with a full size quilt too, but only have my regular Husqvarna machine.... It will be great for some scrappy quilts I have that I want to layer next year. I have a scrappy log cabin that I want to use when camping. It will be nice and warm to snuggle under during the cooler summer nights in the tent
    Oh I WISH I could get a longarmer, but alas not much chance any time soon Aggi, I quilted it on my regular Janome 9000, but I left it in two halves, layered it up, quilted each triangle as it is 'on point' leaving an inch or so free at the centre line, then after quilting both sections, pieced the top together then joined the batting and handstitched the backing together and finished by meandering down the centre.

Just a tip...When meandering quilting in two halves try and leave an uneven area ranging from an inch minimum to two or three inches randomly,at the centre seam area, so that when you come back to quilt it after joining the two halves together it will blend in better with the original quilting :D

Love it! The colors and the fabrics. And I Love your Inspector too! What a darling dog. :lol: Lucky son!

This is amazing Izy, what a great job! Only two days? I always worry about getting started and then being so sick of it before I'm even part way through. :) It turned out just great.

Very very nice!!!

Kyia

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Love it! The colors and the fabrics. And I Love your Inspector too! What a darling dog. :lol: Lucky son!
    Well I am not too sure how much my son Ryan will like it....He got to chose the lounge colours (brown and cream) and Jess chose Black and magenta for the bedroom...a bit girly for Ryan but Jess LOVES it, I have sent regular update piccies to her lol :lol: :D

Great job Izzy. You have given me inspiration. I have only free hand quilted one baby size quilt. I have several more to do. Maybe I should just "go for it" and not worry so much. Your quilt is so bright and cheery too! Love it!!

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Great job Izzy. You have given me inspiration. I have only free hand quilted one baby size quilt. I have several more to do. Maybe I should just "go for it" and not worry so much. Your quilt is so bright and cheery too! Love it!!
    Gayle, by nature I am abit of a perfectionist, this is NOT a healthy trait, it has left me in the past with feelings of disappointment and failure...BUT I have realised we all need to enjoy the JOURNEY....that's the success!!!!!

I had great fun meandering and who really cares if I get too close to another line of stitching or end up with right angles or dog's hind leg shapes, so what if my stitches range from teeny tiny, to great big tacking stitches.....I swear I was meandering the shape of male genitals at one point :roll: It had me in fits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Beautiful, but I have come to expect nothing less from you. You do such lovely work on everything you do. I have to smile at your quilt inspector. It can't get better than that.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Beautiful, but I have come to expect nothing less from you. You do such lovely work on everything you do. I have to smile at your quilt inspector. It can't get better than that.
    :D :D :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Gayle, by nature I am abit of a perfectionist, this is NOT a healthy trait, it has left me in the past with feelings of disappointment and failure...BUT I have realised we all need to enjoy the JOURNEY....that's the success!!!!!

I had great fun meandering and who really cares if I get too close to another line of stitching or end up with right angles or dog's hind leg shapes, so what if my stitches range from teeny tiny, to great big tacking stitches.....I swear I was meandering the shape of male genitals at one point :roll: It had me in fits :lol: :lol: :lol:
    omg Izy that's hilarious! tell Jess so she has loads of fun trying to find those shapes!

Izy
    Babeegirl, I will look again at all the photo's I took to see if I can find an 'example' to show you lol!!! :shock: :lol:

I guess I lost the rhythm, like Sandpat I chant big head, little neck, big head, little neck, I guess my mind just started to 'meander' down the body abit :lol:

Banned
    or maybe you were right on target?....omg I'm so awful :mrgreen:

oh that is a beautiful quilt. your quilting is wonderful. isn't it fun to free motion??

Izy
    wicked girl :roll: :twisted: :lol: :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    That is the problem I have been having, told DH I have to get an extention table!!!!! I do think that will help tremendously! I hate having to reposition my hands too, just get going pretty good and then have too stop!!!! :evil: I think I just need a Longarm machine!!!!! :lol:
    Hi Melissa, get your DH to make you an extension table. I bet he is real handy at making things. We were lucky enough to have a place make it from the template Colin made and we brought it home and he put the wooden legs on it. Cost 15 plus a broom handle he cut up for the legs LOL. They are so expensive to buy. Got the idea from someone at the club.

Elle

Izy, you are just too bad, but what a great job you made of that meandering thingy, male whatsit or not. LOL :D :D

Elle

for starters until you can get the table extension that you really want, you can use your ironing board at the height of you machine table and also a card table will help, even if it is not quite the height that you need. It will hold the bulk of the quilt for you. You did an excellent job. Try a little music to help get in the rythem. They also say a glass of wine will help! great job.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Izy, you are just too bad, but what a great job you made of that meandering thingy, male whatsit or not. LOL :D :D

Elle
    Keeps your focus more than heads and necks Elle tee hee!!! And I BELIEVE there is more room for variation in size too!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterpat
    for starters until you can get the table extension that you really want, you can use your ironing board at the height of you machine table and also a card table will help, even if it is not quite the height that you need. It will hold the bulk of the quilt for you. You did an excellent job. Try a little music to help get in the rythem. They also say a glass of wine will help! great job.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thanks Pat, I am very fortunate to have a special table made for my machine to fit down into which has abot 3 feet to the left, which is very smooth, I use any spare table chair whatever I can lay my hands on to support the bulk to stop it getting hung up...Now as far as the glass of wine....welll let's just say if I start drinking while quilting, I won't be responsible for what designs I come up with then, but they will be original thats for sure lol :lol: :roll:

Izy, you did a great job of quilting. I really like how you stippled on the border. I think your quilt inspector said it all. Comfortable and delicious!!! :-) :-)

What a Fantastic Job! Love your meandering too. We call this pattern "Mile a Minute". When my s-i-l made hers, she felt she would be using up her scraps in her bin... Wrong... it made more.
    I love the way you've completed it too. Awesome! Your children will love it!

Izy ~ Love your quilt!

I tried to post to let you know how great I felt your quilt was. I think it ended up in cyber space some place? If is shows up soon, I guess you'll really know just how attractive I feel your quilt really is. Great Job! Great Gift!
    This pattern is what our quilting group has been calling "Mile a Minute", don't you just love scrappy quilts? They always catch my eye right off.

Awesome Awesome and I love the way you put it all together too.

Blog Entries
    It's gorgeous!! You're amazing!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
    Keeps your focus more than heads and necks Elle tee hee!!! And I BELIEVE there is more room for variation in size too!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

She is so naughty isnt she? Hey but if it gets the job done, I am going to go find a nude male model and really get inspired!!! :lol: :lol:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast