Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What Can I do with these??? >

What Can I do with these???

What Can I do with these???

Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 AM

Wow Henry, it is coming out awesome! I love the yellow in the widows - looks very inviting!
Old 12-22-2009, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
Wow Henry, it is coming out awesome! I love the yellow in the widows - looks very inviting!
Thanks. I am putting the black thread in the one window because I am pretending like no one is in that room. :) I mean just cause I have every light on in the house doesn't mean everyone else does. :):):):):)
Old 12-22-2009, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Henry, you can get the basic powdered dyes in the primary colors and mix them with a little bit of aloe vera clear gel. When you paint them on, the gel helps keep the color in place. You can mix your own colors and it will not be as expensive as fabric painting pens. The aloe washes out when you are all done. You would need to use a setting agent on it. If you use acrylic paints which are cheaper, can thin them down with the gel too so the fabric will not be as thick. This will not bleed or cause problems when laundering. I just heat set it when I am done with an iron and a paper bag on top of the fabric.
Hey Amma if I use acrylic paints on the next one, do I need to use the aloe vera gel to make the colors stay on the fabric or is that just an option to thin out the paint?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Thanks. I am putting the black thread in the one window because I am pretending like no one is in that room. :) I mean just cause I have every light on in the house doesn't mean everyone else does. :):):):):)
GREAT idea!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:11 AM

These are coming out great!! Can't wait to see the finished product!! Hope you are having a Great Holiday Season - too bad we didn't get just a little more of that snow storm on Friday.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
GREAT idea!!!
:) thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
These are coming out great!! Can't wait to see the finished product!! Hope you are having a Great Holiday Season - too bad we didn't get just a little more of that snow storm on Friday.
thank you. i am hoping after the holiday that i can find some more like these or similar to these....
Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Yes, Barb, is right. I forgot to mention the freezer paper step and the paper towel step.
lots2do
Old 12-26-2009, 07:35 PM
pal

Henry, I cringed when you said you were washing it. Why
wash it? Isn't it going in a frame? Also, beside using the crayon you can use the colored pencils. What a great
project this is. Also, there is a product that you can buy to add to regular acrylic paints, so that you can use them on fabric.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by pal
Henry, I cringed when you said you were washing it. Why
wash it? Isn't it going in a frame? Also, beside using the crayon you can use the colored pencils. What a great
project this is. Also, there is a product that you can buy to add to regular acrylic paints, so that you can use them on fabric.
Well I haven't washed it yet.......and yes at some point it is going to go into a frame so that it can be hung on the wall as art. The other one I have will be used as the center panel of a quilt. These will then be put in the guest room to brighten and liven up that room.