Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What to do with this?? >

What to do with this??

What to do with this??

Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

http://mapleislandquilts.com/quiltpatterns.asp I like the original BQ pattern down a bit on this page. focus cut and two strips on two side. then turn and turn to make design.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM

Wow you guys are great!! A LOT of FABULOUS ideas and I truly appreciate the time everyone took!! I think I'll go see what accent fabrics I can get to go with it. Obviously I'm not going to be able to just use those three alone. lol
Old 06-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Hey, what about the swoon block?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 AM
SSK

The first thing that came to mind is a book I have is called" 3-fabric quilts" quick techniques for simple projects by Leni Levenson Wiener. I am doing one from that book and it is so much fun and it is quick and easy. I will mail it to you if you would like to borrow it. :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 11:07 AM
SSK

Originally Posted by SSK View Post
The first thing that came to mind is a book I have is called" 3-fabric quilts" quick techniques for simple projects by Leni Levenson Wiener. I am doing one from that book and it is so much fun and it is quick and easy. I will mail it to you if you would like to borrow it. :-)
Forgot to mention it has patterns for a small quilt and twins. (Each pattern)
Old 06-17-2013, 01:13 PM

Oh Heck, just send it to me and your problem will be solved. Don't fret!!!!! LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 01:20 PM

I see a nice tote bag here, or pillows. The top fabric would be the main fabric, the second one is the accent between the top one and the bottom one and it might make nice handles, too.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:25 PM
KLO

Did anyone mention Warm Wishes? That large print would be good for the bigger blocks and you could add a fabric or two and to make the other block.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 PM

I saw this online and immediately thought of your post. Check it out! www.amybutlerdesign.com/floralburstsilhouette If this link won't work just type in floral burst silhouette pillow or try amybutlerdesign.com. I just tried to see if the link works and it doesnt seem to work in this post but when I cut and paste it, it works. Go figure. Anyway I sure hope you can find it! I think its a free pattern. I love your fabrics.

Last edited by Just Jan; 06-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:59 PM

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/...st_Pillows.pdf Try this link. It is a free pillow pattern but could easily be adapted to use for a quilt block pattern. Perhaps you could make these smaller and alternate with plain blocks, or use this as a center focus block like a medallian or something. Lots of possibilities if you put on your creative cap! lol. Let me know what you think!