Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What do you think can be made out of these.......... >

What do you think can be made out of these..........

What do you think can be made out of these..........

Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Izzy! This picture give new meaning to the saying,"It's a dogs life". LoL, I just about spit coffee onto the screen when this pic showed up. Cute.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Ellis' Granny B
Hi Izy,

Your blocks are so wonderful and inspiring. Here is my attempt at what you do so very well. May I get to this level of craftswomanship.

Ellis' Granny B
My apologies Ellis Granny!! I missed your picture somehow, it is beautiful, I love doing baby quilts with applique too!! If you go onto my profile by clicking my name you will see topics created by me, have a look through them and you will find two baby quilts which I designed and made myself, I have another on the go that is Noah's ark themed, need to get that one finished soon :D
Izy how many wips do you have in progress at one time?
Rhonda, I have the scrappy quilt on the go as you know, a small lap quilt that I am practising my hand quilting on, (not been touched since last Nov. :shock: ) and an applique baby quilt that I have been waiting for fabrics for...no excuse as they came from Patrice lol!! Thats not tooooo bad is it, I usually try and finish one thing at a time, but as most of us find....we get tempted with new exciting projects...errrmmm like miniature bookmarks for instance :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Well I get too bored to have only one going at a time. And mine only take a few hours not weeks to complete!! What does that say about my brain???

I'm going to temp you more! I have a bookmark tutorial coming out this next sunday on the Quilted Paradise Newsletter. They use my Boston Blocks.

You'll just have to set it aside for later!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Izy

Look forward to it Rhonda, and seeing as it is such a quick project I won't feel guilty if I get side tracked doing it :lol:
Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM

I think this quilt is going to be wonderful! Boy, what you can make out of scraps!! I would like to see a pix when it's finished.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Izy

I am renown for my picture posting Montanaquilter, so I guess there will be lots more pictures before it gets finished :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the compliments everyone :D
Old 03-26-2009, 01:30 PM

Thanks, Izy. I did go to your website and admired each of your wonderful creations. You are a real inspiration. I too will be moving out of this area in the next few years due to my husband's retirement. Next week we will have an empty nest:) Looks like I just might have a little more time on my hands to devote to creating, creating, creating. Keep up the good work.

Ellis' Granny B
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 PM

Rhonda, I saw your tutorial. Awesome! I did print off a couple of them, but had to stop with two...Ink cartidges ran out...will be e-mailing you for the free template...

Jojo
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM

What part of Montana do you hail from? Two of my sisters live in Bozeman, and the third lives in Helena. If I hadn't already been married when they started heading west, I'd be there as well! Now my oldest grandson and I make a trip each summer....

Jojo
Old 03-26-2009, 02:53 PM

Hi Jojo

I'm from the northeastern part of the state. all the way across and close to the North Dakota border-about 200 miles from it anyhow. I'm glad that we are not getting the flooding that they are there-tragic. Helena is a good place to live, although I enjoy living in a much smaller community than that! This is beautiful country though no matter which part you travel through.

I really enjoy going to Bozeman, its real easy to get around there. Expensive to live there since its a college town. Oh well, there are perks and disadvantages to every different location.