Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This is what happens when my other half leaves... >

This is what happens when my other half leaves...

This is what happens when my other half leaves...

Old 07-01-2023, 06:06 AM

Default This is what happens when my other half leaves...

Seriously, he's barely been gone 24 hours to Theo and after taking an eight hour snooze, I woke up yesterday evening, got to my sewing corner and finished a couple hours ago. I got a really bad stinging headache around 2am, couldn't for the life of me figure out why or where it came from, powered through for another hour, then realized I hadn't eaten anything since I woke up, so I stopped for some food, but then went right back at it.

The first picture is my sister's quilt top, it's finally done. I managed to get the last blocks finished a couple nights ago, then put them together last night and added the border. The blocks came together quick, so when I was finished, I thought what the heck. It's a five-inch border and I'm glad I went with a solid black instead of the accent black in the blocks, I think it would have taken away from them had I used it.

Second one is my niece's quilt top, I finally decided that I wanted a nice six inch border on hers and since I was on such a roll, I pulled the fabric out, cut it down and put it on real quick.

The funny thing is that I had pretty much decided that these two were going to get done during this month's VQW - oops! That's okay, though, now that I'm free and clear of these two, I can go back to my GFG and I got some rulers this week that I can play with for filler. This morning though, I'm treating myself to a Mocha Iced Coffee, clean my machine really good and put her to bed for a little bit, I think she's earned some R&R. I have long scraps to contend with, but I'll do those this evening when I wake up, I just don't think I have the bandwidth left in me to work on those this morning.

Overall, a super productive night and I am over the moon happy with how they both turned out. Woo hoo for the other half being gone for a while - LOL!!!
Attached Thumbnails img_20230701_064900640.jpg   img_20230701_065356436.jpg  
Old 07-01-2023, 07:32 AM

I'm partial to diagonal setting, too. Your creativity and productivity are inspiring! Like the way you quilted the first one, too. It makes me want to get out my rulers. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2023, 07:41 AM

Those are so pretty! You do pretty well without adult supervision!
Old 07-01-2023, 07:49 AM

I think you did well choosing the black border on sis’s quilt. I like that pattern, does it have a name for the blocks? Also pretty chain quilt for your niece. Speaking of hubby’s leaving. I could always get more housework done the minute he left…,pity it’s been a while since he got off anywhere-lol
Old 07-01-2023, 08:15 AM

Your finishes are beautiful! Nice work!
Old 07-01-2023, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilts! I sometimes forget that my husband is not home! I do the same things when he is here or not here.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:47 AM

Way to go RRB! Beautiful finishes, congratulations!
Old 07-01-2023, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Your quilts are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2023, 12:19 PM

Those are both so airy and fresh looking. Wish I could talk my hubby into leaving for a couple of days. I know I would be getting some stuff done.
Old 07-01-2023, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Lovely tops! At first glance I thought you had added the nice touch of light green embroidery to the bottom border on the Irish Chain but I now see it is a grass seed frond. 😂🌿