Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What I worked on today

This is what I worked on today. Well, on and off....

Lap Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-17590.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  78.2 KB

I love the borders you did around the squares!! You people are so creative.

the picture is a little blurry.
    Tried for a better one, but little girl cat kept playing with chair
    Attached Images Attached Images

Izy
    Wow Terri - You have been a busy bee today, I love the nine patch/stripe sashings, gotta earmark that for doing soon. Your bags are fantastic, are these for xmas pressies or for your craft fair you are going to??

Great quilt. Love how you did the sashing. Your totes are cute too. You are remembering to eat, right?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Wow Terri - You have been a busy bee today, I love the nine patch/stripe sashings, gotta earmark that for doing soon. Your bags are fantastic, are these for xmas pressies or for your craft fair you are going to??
    Right now I'm making for the craft fair. What doesn't sell, just might be in a mailbox near you! :)

Izy
    Well in that case...I hope it rains on the day :twisted: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by tarib
    I love the borders you did around the squares!! You people are so creative.
    I actually made a mistake on the outside border. There's supposed to be corner squares there, but I set them aside because there was a naughtly little girl playing in the room and chewing on them. I forgot all about them until I looked back at the picture when the top was all done. Oh well.........I'm not taking it apart

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    Great quilt. Love how you did the sashing. Your totes are cute too. You are remembering to eat, right?!!
    I'm supposed to eat??;)

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Well in that case...I hope it rains on the day :twisted: :lol:
    It wouldn't matter if it did, Izy. It's INSIDE a building. lol

beautiful quilt Terri and AWESOME totes!!!! any more selling lately??

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Thanks.
    Nope, no more selling.

When I was at the post office, I had one with me. A lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me where I bought it. I told her I made them and that I do take orders. She asked me how much and I told her $20, since there isn't shipping involved and it was also a smaller tote that was made with fabric I got for $1/yd. She told me that was too much and that she could buy one just like it at the store. I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't find one JUST LIKE MINE! The stores don't sell them! I'm sure she'll go looking around and then kick herself in the butt for not buying mine. I'll probably see her at the craft fair lol

Love the quilt!!

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    I can imagine that it is hard to sell totes these days with so many people making them! Your work is wonderful :)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Thanks.
    Nope, no more selling.

When I was at the post office, I had one with me. A lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked me where I bought it. I told her I made them and that I do take orders. She asked me how much and I told her $20, since there isn't shipping involved and it was also a smaller tote that was made with fabric I got for $1/yd. She told me that was too much and that she could buy one just like it at the store. I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't find one JUST LIKE MINE! The stores don't sell them! I'm sure she'll go looking around and then kick herself in the butt for not buying mine. I'll probably see her at the craft fair lol
    HA serves her right!! she dont' know a good thing if it was hit over her noggin'!!

Quote Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
    I can imagine that it is hard to sell totes these days with so many people making them! Your work is wonderful :)
    Thanks mama.....I pretty much have the market here on island, but they want me to really give them away instead of buying them. I don't think my prices are bad. I sell them for $30 if I ship them and $20 if I don't. Plus, it all depends on the fabric. If it's designer fabric they want, then the price goes up. If they want reversable, that will add to the price too. I adjust depending on what they want.

Thanks mama.....I pretty much have the market here on island, but they want me to really give them away instead of buying them. I don't think my prices are bad. I sell them for $30 if I ship them and $20 if I don't. Plus, it all depends on the fabric. If it's designer fabric they want, then the price goes up. If they want reversable, that will add to the price too. I adjust depending on what they want.
    Terri I think I have someone here in the city who may sell them for me for next year's tourist season. It is in the main downtown touristy area too!!! I sold a quilt there a few years ago, and had thought of trying to sell another one there next year, so I might throw in a few bags to see if they sell there too!

Great quilt and great tootes...really really nice :D

Terri I think I have someone here in the city who may sell them for me for next year's tourist season. It is in the main downtown touristy area too!!! I sold a quilt there a few years ago, and had thought of trying to sell another one there next year, so I might throw in a few bags to see if they sell there too!
    If the tourists here spoke English, I'd probably have no problem selling them, but most of the tourists here are Chinese/Japanese or Korean.
    There is Chamorro Village that is open every Wed night, but it is so packed in there, people don't see every table. If you don't have a table up front, then you aren't seen. I know a girl that used to sell her jewelry there...she tried it for a month and made a profit of $10. Not worth it, if you ask me. She said it was horrible there. People bumping into tables and just being rude. I don't think I could sell at a place like that. I've been there once and won't go back. Just TOO crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by ania755
    Great quilt and great tootes...really really nice :D
    Thanks ania

Heh Terri that is fab. You are so quick. Me I am like methusla, I seem to take ages. I am working on my label for the IRR.

Love the colours as well, is that some of the material you brought back with you??

Elle

I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't find one JUST LIKE MINE! I'll probably see her at the craft fair lol
    If you see her at the craft fair, maybe the price should go up $5.00 or so.... LOL
    The quilt looks great! That little girl just helped you make a difference design choice!!! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Heh Terri that is fab. You are so quick. Me I am like methusla, I seem to take ages. I am working on my label for the IRR.

Love the colours as well, is that some of the material you brought back with you??

Elle
    Only the fabric for the totes is what I bought while gone.
    The Christmas fabric I had

Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    I told her that was fine, but she wouldn't find one JUST LIKE MINE! I'll probably see her at the craft fair lol
    If you see her at the craft fair, maybe the price should go up $5.00 or so.... LOL
    The quilt looks great! That little girl just helped you make a difference design choice!!! :wink:
    I thought of the same thing, lol

Oh yes, she is a GREAT designer...NOT!

Wow Terri you have been a real busy bee. Great job on the quilt and totes. Plus that lady just doesn't know a good thing when she sees it. I don't think your price was out of line but everyone wants something for nothing.

Great job again

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast