Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
what would you charge a client for this... >

what would you charge a client for this...

what would you charge a client for this...

Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM

Your experience with the doll wedding dress is exactly the reason why I don't sew for people! You are a better woman than I am. I would have told that mother, "I will not take $2.00 for this doll dress, if you don't want to pay for it, I will sell to some else who will pay that price I am asking." Let HER explain to her little girl why SHE was so cheap!

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
Doesn't seem right or fair does it? I turned down my niece in making several table toppers for Christmas presents she wanted to give. I couldn't put a price on them knowing she could come back to me saying she can get it cheaper. And also knowing it is possible she may pick them up while I am in the process of working hard at getting them done for her. Years ago I was asked to make a 12" doll wedding dress for a neighbor's little girl. I spent the time, bought the actual wedding dress fabric, lace, notions. She came to pick it up and I asked for $7.00. She said no, I will give you $2.00. Her little girl was standing there waiting for it. What could I do but take the $2.00? Now, I go to the local craft fairs and see them upwards of $25; some with less than ideal sewing. How can she come back and TELL you what your time talents and costs are worth? Perhaps send her a message with a time frame to finalize the agreement she made with you. The memory heart most probably could represent anyone or anything in your own family if she doesn't follow through. The wall hanging is just beautiful! Best of luck!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM

I feel your pain when she said she would pay $60, after your spoken agreements. Things like this have happened to me in the past; but no more. The heartache is just more than is would be able to handle to have this happen to me now. So I do what I want to do, give it away, and forget it. Forgetting comes easy to me anymore.....but I am what you see on my avatar.......
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Uh oh, typo on the above--"is" should be "I"......
Old 11-27-2012, 06:15 PM

I'd suggest you print out these responses from the QB to show her many opinions.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 PM

Updated on this. She emailed me this morning saying that she would be here on Monday between 5 to 5 30pm. Nothing else so we ll see what happens but no way she s going to get it for $60. I will let u all know next Monday what happens. Thanks all of you for your supports and nice comments. Males me so happy to have all of you.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 PM

If you like the quilt the way it is with that outside border, then do not take it apart. Have a bag with the unused scraps ready for her to take with her she comes on Monday. If you are willing to settle for $126, then that's the price and she can pay it or leave without the quilt. At this point, I'm not sure I'd take a check from her.

Your work is wonderful and needs to be rewarded.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM

It is quite lovely. Keep it and re-sell it. I just went through that. You will definitely get your money's worth out of someone that appreciates it.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 PM

It is quite lovely. Keep it and re-sell it. I just went through that. You will definitely get your money's worth out of someone that appreciates it. Actually, I am the kind of person to cut my nose off to spite my face. I would give it away to someone I liked!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 PM

Do not take a check from her she can stop payment if she get mad or wonts to be mean. Your quilt is awesome $200 is cheap. Sell it to someone who will appreciate it. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 AM

I think you should keep the wall hanging until she pays you. It is beautiful. You did a wonderful job. I agree $200.00 would have been more than fair. Good Luck. Lesson learned I guess.