Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What are you busy with this new year??? >

What are you busy with this new year???

What are you busy with this new year???

Old 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Tiffany, I really like the star quilt!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Tiffany, I like your star quilt very much but I really, really like the pink and green 'failure'. I am seeing all sorts of opportunities there and am anxious for you to get it put together. Oh, what fun!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a great quilt Lucky. I'm sure it will turn out great.

Ladies, I really like your progress so far. Love the blue & white.

I have my big Mariners Compass quilt that I'm doing the quilting on right now. I am also working on a smaller quilt that I'm doing for Project Linus. I'll post a pic as soon as I get the applique done..don't lack too much. Once I get the applique done, I'll have to start something else to do by hand at night in front of the tube. (Reformed smokers have to keep my hands busy!)
Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 PM

Here's what I'm working on. A drunkard's path variation. It'll have two more blocks added to it and a border.

And a scrappy irish chain. I'm having a problem with the quilting. I did a sample to test my stitch length and it looked fine. Now I'm half way done with quilting the real thing and I've noticed that my stitches look terrible on the back. :( It's a good thing tomorrow's a snow day. ;)

Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 AM

Melissa,
Both quilts are going to be great when you complete them. I love that scrappy Irish chain.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 AM

Those are pretty quilts Melissa. I like the Irish Chain. I hope you get the quilting problem worked out!

Yvonne - The green and yellow and pink quilt is quite the stretch for me. It's easy to design by starting with a single block and spreading outward, much like a medallion quilt. This has been a bit different as I try to make sure the pattern is random and doesn't fall into my comfort zone of 'Order.' I'm looking forward to getting back to working on it and yet it challenges me in ways I hadn't expected, which makes me hesitate. Once I finish this wallhanging I am going to feel as if I really stretched myself past a significant point in my quilting, which I find it both exhilerating and a tad nerve racking, with a thrill of excitement thrown in. :D
~Tiffany
Old 01-30-2008, 09:51 AM

A scrappy Irish chain! That is so neat! I love your Drunkard's Path too, but that scrappy, colorful look is so cheery! Make more!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
... doesn't fall into my comfort zone of 'Order.' ... challenges me in ways I hadn't expected,... stretched myself past a significant point in my quilting, which I find it both exhilerating and a tad nerve racking, with a thrill of excitement thrown in. :D
~Tiffany
And most people think quilting is a sedate past time for little old ladies! Ha! What do they know?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Yvonne
And most people think quilting is a sedate past time for little old ladies! Ha! What do they know?
Then they've never seen me with a seam ripper in my hand, tears streaming down my face and naughty words coming from my mouth at 3am while I'm desperately trying to finish a quilt for a deadline! :lol:
~Tiffany
Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 AM

Quilting is a vocabulary builder! I can attest to that!