Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Why I got a new sewing machine >

Why I got a new sewing machine

Why I got a new sewing machine

Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM

I think I must have had that same White sewing machine! Made me just insane trying to piece quilts with it! Bought a Viking and have never looked back. And like you, the person who bought my White was just pleased as punch with it. A great home dec machine but that was about it!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM

Congrats on your new machine! I love my Janome and it makes sewing so much easier
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Looks lovely to me.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
I think I must have had that same White sewing machine! Made me just insane trying to piece quilts with it! Bought a Viking and have never looked back. And like you, the person who bought my White was just pleased as punch with it. A great home dec machine but that was about it!
This is why when someone post about what machine to buy, my response is to try them out. What's good for one isn't always good for the next one. We all know the brands of machines out there and their reputation which is decided by the luck someone has had with a machine. The two of you wouldn't give the White a good mark but the ones who bought them would. I have several Vikings and love them all but others have had issues. You need to see what fits you; just like a car or a dress; one size doesn't fit all.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:12 AM

Great quilt! I own two White sewing machines, a White serger, a Janome sewing machine and a Janome serger. Also still have my first machine, a Singer 404. I really love them all. I think the key is keeping them in good working condition. Right now, my White serger is sick and in need of the hospital and my Singer could use a good cleaning. Mostly I piece with my Janome MC4000 and quilt with the White heavy duty school machine (a very simple machine).
I'm glad you found a machine that makes you happy. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 AM

I think the border should be a solid color that unifies the quilt. Maybe a green??
Originally Posted by Homespun View Post
I would change your border to a flowered one and I think it will look OK. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

It's pretty but the border detracts from it. Maybe a floral or leafy border...other than that it is quite lovely
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

jetayre: First of all .. don't be so hard on yourself. YOUR quilt looks great.. secondly: Woooohoooooo on a new machine. I did the same: had a brother that just kept locking up-so went and bought a Pfaff. Happy with it ? you bet; but I would never turn down an Elismo if it was given to me !LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 08:01 AM

Your quilt is fine as is. Please no more flowers. They will take away from your blocks.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

I tend to agree with the poster who said to change out the last border. I would make it a green to represent leaves myself. You could audition different fabrics to find one to your liking. Many times when I don't like something and put it aside, I find it was the last addition that makes me not like it anymore.

I love the large florals and the other person who said that the quilting is going to bring it to life is so very right. THis is a great quilt and deserves to be finished.

I love the way you found reason to buy a new machine. That means you are determined to sew happily. Have fun with your choices and please show and tell again when you get it finished, ok?