Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Why was I up til 3a.m. AGAIN last night?????????????????????? >

Why was I up til 3a.m. AGAIN last night??????????????????????

Why was I up til 3a.m. AGAIN last night??????????????????????

Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by GramMER
Originally Posted by Izy
I was inspired by the thread about the crumb blocks thats why :D :shock:

These were the scraps that were given to me by one of our older guild members who was going back to the U.K. for the summer who had a clear out before she went.........soooooo look what I have been doing with them :D :D
======================
Can you just imagine how beautiful such a quilt will be when it is finished?!?! I can easily see why yoiu would be inspired to stay up until the wee hoiurs of the morning!

Can you imagine a quilt like that done in silks and velvets? Then spend the rest of your life doing the embroidery and fancy stitches!!!

GramMER
OOooohhh don't get me started on another project just yet GramMer!!

But yes I can definitely see where you are coming from, I love the art quilts with lots of embellishments and fancy stitches, I have a Janome 9000 which has lots of different stitches and embroidery which I haven't fully explored yet so if anybody has the same machine, maybe we could set up online tutorials to get me started - anybody out there willing????? :D
Old 04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by imaquilter
Wow Izy...those are gorgeous! New pics yet? How much farther have you gotten?
I am up to block no.31 just 4 more to go!! (I got sidetracked last night going through all the lovely fabrics donated by Cathy m and sewbusy!!!)

I am just about to go and do another one before I have to break off to make the evening meal, it is 6pm here!! :D :D

Heres the latest picture of the blocks up to now!! :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2682.jpe   attachment-54338.jpe   attachment-54703.jpe  
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM
lin

That is just too sweet and playful Izy! I love how you fussy-cut the fish and butterfly. It's a knockout!! :D
Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by lin
That is just too sweet and playful Izy! I love how you fussy-cut the fish and butterfly. It's a knockout!! :D
Well after doing a couple of the blocks, It dawned on me that there were quite a few scraps with novelty pictures and stuff, so I have tried to include a little picture of something on most of them, I have enough of the blue fish to applique on the back border - as my backing isn't big enough, I though I might as well make it reversible, and add a couple of borders, so krazy cat fabric will be in the centre, then a black border with the fish swimming around....and finish off with a scrappy border....I do seem to like making work for myself......!!! :D
Old 04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
lin

Oh I can not wait to see this done! I think your idea for the back is just wonderful. Usually by the time I get the top done, I'm ready to slap a big ol' piece of fabric on the back and get to quilting it. :lol: I truly admire those who see the "whole" quilt from top to bottom, front to back, and are willing to put the extra time into making the back as pretty as the front.

Take a bow Izy! :)
Old 04-30-2008, 11:05 AM

What color are you going to use for the sashes?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Harmony
What color are you going to use for the sashes?
Harmony, I am going to use the black with the dragonflies n butterflies on it!!, each block will have a 1/2" border trim in the bright colours to set it off!! I have finished the blocks tonight and done two of the these bright borders and it really sets the blocks off nicely. Its gonna be bright!!! :D
Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 PM

Gorgeous colours...I was at a quilt show today and there were 4 or 5 of those type of quilts there, so bright and cheery