Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Wild Animal Question--Opossum >

Wild Animal Question--Opossum

Wild Animal Question--Opossum

Old 09-24-2021, 05:59 AM

Hey Cash Mom, down in Florida I had a baby raccoon come thru the cat door and try to drag an 18# bag of cat food. The bag torn on him and he got scared. I started listening for the cat door to swing open and I'd go out and see if it was Miss BooBaby or not. Saw her come in but then thought maybe I should check and sure enough there was the little guy getting ready to follow her inside. I chased him away. I had this large 150 yo live oak tree right next to my back porch and he climbed up the tree and onto the roof. He'd come back from time to time to eat the cat food I left outside for the feral cats and he became such a nuisance so I took the water hose to him when he was on my roof. Well, he paid me back. I'd leave my rubber garden shoes out on the porch and he left me a gift in them one day. Yes, you guessed it, he pooped in them. Guess he got the last laugh on me. The next year he brought his family for me to meet and from then on they would eat alongside the cats as they didn't seem to mind him.