Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Will this pinwheel never end?

Blog Entries
    I had a heck of a time to see it even when pointed out. glad you are leaving it that way. Wonderful looking quilt. Pretty colors.

Blog Entries
    A friend's husband pointed out a similar "mistake" & she said it was there to see how closely ppl looked at it Your quilt is very pretty.Some ppl say they are not perfect,why expect their quilt to be.That would be me
    Pat

You can always make it like a "Where's Waldo" quilt as a challange to find the one. Lovely job on the top, look forward to seeing it quilted!
    Lisa

QM
    My teacher used to say it was done on purpose to see it people were paying attention. If you SIL wants to nit pick, that is HER problem. Very nice job.

It took me nearly 3 minutes to find it, even knowing. I would not stress over it unless you REALLY feel you want to take the time to fix it.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

It's hard to see, and I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to see it. Just leave it the way it is, and if anyone says anything about it, just tell them you did it on purpose to see if anyone would notice! It's a beautiful quilt!

Took me a while, but I finally found it. If it takes that long for everyone, I wouldn't worry about it. Just do whatever you can live with.

Love the quilt!!! I would leave the "humility block " (love that adnil!!!) too, makes it unique.

I think it adds interest to the quilt, and should definitely be left alone. The whole effect is just beautiful!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I had to HUNT for it. I love this quilt just the way it is. There's nothing to change.

Blog Entries
    Seriously, who would notice? And if they do ... give your quilt a snappy name to make it seem intentional ... Different Drummer, Odd Woman Out, A Different Breeze ... whatever. It is a gorgeous quilt.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Oh bother! Leave it be. It will be interesting to see how many other people notice if you don't tell them. I had to really look. It gives your very beautiful quilt a bit of whimsy!

My understanding is a person should always make a "mistake" on a quilt to acknowledge that only God is perfect. If it were me, I'd put that on the label so folks would think you'd done it on purpose.

Fixing it or not fixing depends on you... When you look at the quilt are you upset about the wayward pinwheel, then fix it because you will always wish you had fixed it. Or do you look at the quilt and you enjoy the uniqueness, then don't fix it.

By the way, the quilt is really lovely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazeeda View Post
    I see the rebel pinwheel and I love it! don't change it! It just looks too cute to see that one pinwheel going in the opposite direction
    I love the rebel, marching to the beat of a different bagpiper. Glad you're not forcing it to go with the crowd!

"Rebel without a cause", I love it. Your quilt is lovely and unless it bothers you, I would not change a thing.
    GeeGee

thanks for all the compliments! It's one of my first quilts and until it was done I didn't think I'd ever say the word pinwheel again, let alone make one LOL.

I'm super excited to get it shipped to Cindy to LA it. All I know is she plans different patterns for the sashing than the pinwheels. And I did leave the rogue wheel in!
    ​Nancy

I like the arrow it makes. Reminds me of fedexs arrow. By the way great job and the colors are wonderful.
    Indiana Diana

Just leave it as it is, looks great, wouldnt have know which block it was without someone pointing it out.
    Quilt outside of the box!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    Even now that I see it, it doesn't stand out.
    I agree here!! I can't see it even though I know where it is! This is beautiful ! I love the framing of each pinwheel. I wish I had done that with mine! Gret job!

Thanks for pointing me to it. I was spinning in pinwheels looking. I like the "idea of a humble block."

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
    Lower right corner, green one? If you hadn't said anything, I never would have seen it. The pinwheels look great!
    Carol

I'd leave it - only God doesn't make mistakes - I usually do something like this 'on purpose' - to me it makes it more interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Noooooo! Well at least you can fix it before it's quilted. Very pretty pinwheels!

Blog Entries
    I see the rebel pinwheel and I love it! don't change it! It just looks too cute to see that one pinwheel going in the opposite direction
    I totally agree...don't change it....and how the heck did she find that????

I didn't see it without help, it doesn't stand out very much so it could be left.

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    I agree, just tell your SIL you did it on purpose! I had to search 3 times before I could find it.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast