Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
WIP Jasmine's quilt >

WIP Jasmine's quilt

WIP Jasmine's quilt

Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 AM

That is so cute! Love the decorative stitching, it really adds something!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM

Really pretty, love the hearts!
Old 04-20-2008, 01:52 PM

I have a sewing machine that has more toys than I have ever tried with it! Many, many decorative stitches! How did you put them into your quilt? And did you do them before or after sandwiching? If after please tell me how!!
And what foot did you use? I sure would like to try some of them!
Old 04-20-2008, 03:07 PM

I did the pink strips log cabin style. The hearts I did as a continuous chain. Then I sewed the heart strip front and batting to the strip piece. Last step was to fold over the seam allowance on the back of the heart strip and machine stitch it down with the fancy stitch. I decided if I have a machine that can do that type of stuff, I really ought to learn how to do it. I learned a lot from this project, which is not quite done. The hardest part is that the fabric goes forward and back and I had to be careful not to push, pull, or hold back the material. In one spot a pin got hooked on my shirt and the little flowers are very close together for about 4 inches. Oh, well. It will not be visible from the galloping horse, so life goes on. I am happy enough with the process to try something like this again.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I did the pink strips log cabin style. The hearts I did as a continuous chain. Then I sewed the heart strip front and batting to the strip piece. Last step was to fold over the seam allowance on the back of the heart strip and machine stitch it down with the fancy stitch. I decided if I have a machine that can do that type of stuff, I really ought to learn how to do it. I learned a lot from this project, which is not quite done. The hardest part is that the fabric goes forward and back and I had to be careful not to push, pull, or hold back the material. In one spot a pin got hooked on my shirt and the little flowers are very close together for about 4 inches. Oh, well. It will not be visible from the galloping horse, so life goes on. I am happy enough with the process to try something like this again.
So you did the little flowers through all the layers? And the machine did it smoothly? I was afraid it would bind up under the pressure foot! Fabulous! Must try! Maybe with a potholder! :lol: Just to get the feel of it.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

very pretty.