Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Witches in Stithces Bootique Quilt >

Witches in Stithces Bootique Quilt

Witches in Stithces Bootique Quilt

Old 04-24-2024, 05:59 PM

Default Witches in Stithces Bootique Quilt

Hope this post is O.K. to post - I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place - I'm wondering if any of you sweet ladies have stitched or know someone who has stitched WITCHES IN STITCHES BOOTIQUE QUILT? I purchased the pattern and traced the pattern on fabric; however, I have MD and the picture on of this pattern is not the best - therefore, I'm not able to see the picture and I do better seeing the picture than being told this is this color and that is that color. I contacted the designer of the pattern to see if she could send or email me a better pic of each quilt block so I would be able to embroidery it - well she said I could enlarge her pattern - I wrote back and said I don't want to enlarge your pattern I would just like a better picture of each block and I haven't heard back from her.....so I'm wondering if someone has done the quilt and would email me a better picture of each block - I PROMISE I have the pattern - I tried to enlarge the pictures of the quilt blocks with my computer but it just goes fuzzy - my daughter took the picture to a copy shop and they are going to try and enlarge the colored picture so I can see but I really don't think they will be able to....Bee in my Bonnet had a post back in 2012 i think of a retreat that Lori Holt went to and one of the ladies finished this quilt while at the retreat and they showed pictures on Lori's blog - I emailed Lori and ask if she would give the lady my email address so I could ask her for help but once again nothing. Like I said I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for asking help but if you can help I sure would appreciate it otherwise the pattern and the fabric I've traced the pattern on if of no value to me.
P.S. I don't think any quilt shops have this quilt on display because it is getting old....thanks
Old 04-24-2024, 06:52 PM

Sorry, can't help you with the pattern. However, I was wondering
if perhaps you could use a magnifying glass lamp. Check Amazon.
I have one in my sewing room and use it all the time.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:53 PM

Some of the pictures of Witches in Stitches Bootique from Bee in my Bonnet blogspot are here. They are about half way down the page. They are dark enough to see the writing.
https://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/search?q=witches++

It is a very fun pattern. Hope you find someone who can help you out. You mention a daughter trying to get it copied. Can she see it well enough to make a copy of the pattern and her draw it out? I admire you for trying to do what I consider tedious, delicate needlework with MD. I know it can't be easy.
Old 04-25-2024, 03:26 AM

Would a light tablet under the pattern help?
Old 04-25-2024, 08:05 AM

Why not just use whatever color you want? Nothing says you HAVE to follow the pattern exactly.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:24 AM

I have had good luck enlarging images by just using my printer. Set it to make copies and enlarge the size that you want to copy in the settings. You can place various areas of the pattern cover in the corner of the glass and just enlarge those images one at a time. Does this make sense?
Old 04-29-2024, 10:33 PM

I tape my pattern to a sunny window, and place my fabric on top, use painters' tape, then trace... my idea of a light box.