Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Work Table Made of Pallets >

Work Table Made of Pallets

Work Table Made of Pallets

Old 01-21-2021, 02:06 PM

Default Work Table Made of Pallets

I saw an interesting pic today of an architect's worktable that was made of pallets. The pallets were neatly stacked and appeared to be screwed together. On top of the pallets was a very nice piece of finish-grade plywood. The structure of the pallets created holes, or, "cubbies," all around the table, so that he could store his plans. Those holes could easily be filled with rolls of fabric, boxes or drawers to meet the needs of a quilter. The whole look was rustic, but cool.

Pallets can usually be found for free at various places. I see them all the time at the feed store, free for the taking. The finish plywood would cost some money, depending on what type of wood you wanted. I'd put a couple of coats of polyurathane on the plywood for durability. You could even add a grid for easy measuring.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:29 PM

Great idea! I see them also for free every where.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:40 AM

Only problem is that they are made from rough spruce. To use the cubbies for fabric storage, they would have to be sanded and sanded and sanded
Old 01-23-2021, 08:47 AM

Great idea. Thank you for sharing. I just saw pallets in my area for free but I don't think I would have space for them.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:06 AM

Good way of recycling materials!. I can see making slots on the ends or underneath the top for my Accuquilt dies.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

Wood pallets are factored in the price of delivery of goods. You paid for the pallets, just not directly. LOL My neighbor made a nice raised herb garden using the pallets stacked on top of each other.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:05 PM

I don't think that you'd have to sand it. Just make a nice box to fit in the hole, or line the bottom of the hole with a smooth piece of wood.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:32 AM

Default picture?

Do you have a picture to share? I have a source for pallets and would love to see the construction. A friend has a 12" tall pile of oak pallets he will give me for free.....and my brother mentioned it just last night. Ironically enough....