Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Zelda Quilt for deployed son >

Zelda Quilt for deployed son

Zelda Quilt for deployed son

Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM

A lot of times they use hot water because that is all they have or to get rid of "stuff" they have overseas. But a reminder to NOT wash in hot and some soap would be good too. Some places just getting to wash clothes is a chore. Thank your son for his service. As a vet and ex-wife of career military I know how rough it can be on whole family.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
Looks great to me! Your son will absolutely love it! It represents all your love, thoughts and worry over him while while he was serving in Afghanistan. It's good to know your Mom "has your back" at all times.

Please thank him for his service for me.

Ditto on thanking him and his brothers and sisters in the miltary for their service to our country. This quilt is super. You should be so proud to have stuck to your guns and finished what you wanted. Many times someone else doesn't have the vision that we do. I am another who doesn't have an acquaintance with Zelda, so I am not sure what it should look like. All I know is that I like the quilt and I am sure that your son will also. Again please give him our thanks and thanks to you and yours for sharing him. BrendaK
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM

This turned out great! I think your colors are perfect.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Very nice and you did a great job. Just my opinion, I would get some of the gold fabric for the back and binding to set it off. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM

Very nice. I made my hubby a Zelda quilt, but I made it of the Link character. I do have a small tri-force that I made for him, but haven't done anything with... I like how you used them on the 4 corners!

I'm sure he is going to be thrilled! And please thank your son for me, for serving!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM

I think it is awesome with or without the sword

Vickey

Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
Just to refresh your memories..... http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...p-t202369.html

So I've finally gotten the top done!! I am pleased enough with it since it was the first time I've really imagined something and made it work. But...... I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I envisioned it more "Zelda"ish. I wish I'd made the blocks bigger so that I'd have been able to make the shield bigger. I've never ever done applique and I'm really pleased with how well it turned out. I think I did a pretty good job on that. I also wish I could have added the sword, but I didn't think about it until I'd already added the shield and the sword is placed behind the shield. If I had time, I'd practice, but he just got home from Afghanistan and is really excited about his quilt so I'd like to just give it to him for Christmas. I'm going to get a back (suggestions would be welcome!!) and get it quilted. Thanks again everyone for all the help! This board is an INVALUABLE resource and everyone on it is just simply wonderful. <3
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Your quilt is great; don't know who Zelda is, but you did a great job. So glad your son came back safely; thank him for his service. My 19 yr. old grandson just finished basic training & I'm sure it is only a matter of time til he is deployed. Prayers for all our service men & women.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM

Lovely, graphic design for a brave young man.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM

Thanks everyone! KellyPA I'd love to see your quilt!!!! The Legend of Zelda is a Nintendo game that goes back to the very first Nintendo. When the N64 came out, the Zelda Ocarina of Time came out and was the biggest hit ever. It was the first "3d" game, and Michael LOVED it. The call I got from Michael was that he wanted the "Hylian Shield" So, the Hylian Shield is what he got. I'll include a picture of the shield in this post. The Tri Force (the yellow triangles) represents Power, Wisdom and Courage. I sound like I know a lot, but I don't. It's what I learned in making this. lol.
Attached Thumbnails zelda-shield.jpg  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM

You did a great job - I agree with others - please thank your son for serving.