Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help me quick!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-me-quick-t105268.html)

ljfox 03-05-2011 04:25 PM

I was just putting the binding on my neices quilt for her baby shower tomorrow and my husband thought he would be helpful and bring me a diet coke. Long story short he spilled some of it on the quilt in a large area. I ran it up to the washer immediately even though the binding wasn't done and threw it in but it isn't washing out. I pulled it out after the wash cycle and it still was there so now I have it soaking. Anyone out there know what I should wash it in to get the coke out?

Murphy 03-05-2011 04:26 PM

Oxyclean

JulieR 03-05-2011 04:28 PM

Diet Coke should not have left a stain. Was there anything else with it?

I agree with Oxyclean, or maybe try vinegar or club soda.

kem77 03-05-2011 04:29 PM

I found poroxide has been great on alot. I am not good with oxy because it took out the color

dakotamaid 03-05-2011 04:32 PM

Diet coke, diet pepsi, any thing with that carmel color will stain. I agree with Murphy but if that doesn't work maybe shout or goop (used to clean hands with, I use it for everything!)

ljfox 03-05-2011 04:32 PM

It was just diet coke in a glass with ice. I thought that since I flew up the stairs and got it in the water right away that it would just rinse out but it didn't. Of course the back is white with pastel polka dots so it shows really well. It kind of sprayed across half the quilt! I did put a little laundry soap in the washer perhaps that set the stain? I am going up right now to see if I have any Oxy clean . I just want to scream.

PurplePassion 03-05-2011 04:46 PM

Seems to me there have been alot of helpful dear husband posts on here...that cause something to be spilled on quilt projects or have washed a quilt that they shouldn't have. If it were my situation , I would lock the sewing door and make the sewing area off limits to everyone.

ljfox 03-05-2011 04:56 PM

I am soaking it with Oxyclean right now. If that doesn't work I am going to try the peroxide. Do I use it straight and dab it on the stain or dilute it?

Country1 03-05-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Seems to me there have been alot of helpful dear husband posts on here...that cause something to be spilled on quilt projects or have washed a quilt that they shouldn't have. If it were my situation , I would lock the sewing door and make the sewing area off limits to everyone.

Would never lock my DH out of anywhere I am!!!!!!!!!
We enjoy our time together! :roll:

HummerGardenCrafts 03-05-2011 05:24 PM

If I teach someone to quilt or something, that's the first thing I tell them. No food or drinks near the quilt. I've had too many accidents myself. I really feel for you. It's even worse when it almost completely done. If it would of just been the top, you might of been able to replace pieces. I do hope it comes out for you.