Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   EQ design - comments please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/eq-design-comments-please-t105642.html)

k3n 03-07-2011 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I'd like your thoughts on this, my own design in EQ, nothing special, just some off centre and twisted log cabins with a bit of applique (that may change as this is just a library design and I'll probably draft my own - I like to be original!) The colours are vague as well and might change once I get in an LQS but I'm thinking batiks... this would be for the contemporary section of the Festival of Quilts, which asked for a modern take on traditional quilting. Does this fit the bill? I thought to regular piece the LCs, PP the twisted, machine applique and FMQ to be decided... any comments gratefully received and when the design is finalised, I'd like to post progress so you can all nag, ermmm, I mean, ENCOURAGE me to finish it in time for August! :lol:

Lindsey 03-07-2011 03:44 AM

OH its beautiful.

lurag 03-07-2011 04:00 AM

WOW! I have never seen anything so beautiful! How did you do this? My nerves would have been shot!! Thx for sharing. Love it! Lura

Japonica 03-07-2011 04:00 AM

WOW!!!!! Just beautiful

Deecee 03-07-2011 04:01 AM

The only comment I have is "stunning".

I love the way you have incorporated the twisted LCs and will follow your progress with great interest.

P.S. I am also very good a nag... er... encouraging.

sewcrafty 03-07-2011 04:12 AM

Its beautiful! The only thing I may try out is in the center. All the twisted log cabin points are heading inward with the points and the center is facing out. How would it look with the points facing in?

If it doesn't work I don't any big deal its wonderful!

thequilteddove 03-07-2011 04:18 AM

that's gonna be a gorgeous quilt!

Ms. Shawn 03-07-2011 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Hi everyone, I'd like your thoughts on this, my own design in EQ, nothing special, just some off centre and twisted log cabins with a bit of applique (that may change as this is just a library design and I'll probably draft my own - I like to be original!) The colours are vague as well and might change once I get in an LQS but I'm thinking batiks... this would be for the contemporary section of the Festival of Quilts, which asked for a modern take on traditional quilting. Does this fit the bill? I thought to regular piece the LCs, PP the twisted, machine applique and FMQ to be decided... any comments gratefully received and when the design is finalised, I'd like to post progress so you can all nag, ermmm, I mean, ENCOURAGE me to finish it in time for August! :lol:

WOW!!! Very Stunning and Beautiful!!!

suesofine 03-07-2011 04:28 AM

WOW, what's not to love about it. Wish there were a tutorial on how you did that.

pocoellie 03-07-2011 04:34 AM

It's gorgeous!!!!