Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   EQ design - comments please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/eq-design-comments-please-t105642.html)

k3n 03-07-2011 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I'd like your thoughts on this, my own design in EQ, nothing special, just some off centre and twisted log cabins with a bit of applique (that may change as this is just a library design and I'll probably draft my own - I like to be original!) The colours are vague as well and might change once I get in an LQS but I'm thinking batiks... this would be for the contemporary section of the Festival of Quilts, which asked for a modern take on traditional quilting. Does this fit the bill? I thought to regular piece the LCs, PP the twisted, machine applique and FMQ to be decided... any comments gratefully received and when the design is finalised, I'd like to post progress so you can all nag, ermmm, I mean, ENCOURAGE me to finish it in time for August! :lol:

Lindsey 03-07-2011 03:44 AM

OH its beautiful.

lurag 03-07-2011 04:00 AM

WOW! I have never seen anything so beautiful! How did you do this? My nerves would have been shot!! Thx for sharing. Love it! Lura

Japonica 03-07-2011 04:00 AM

WOW!!!!! Just beautiful

Deecee 03-07-2011 04:01 AM

The only comment I have is "stunning".

I love the way you have incorporated the twisted LCs and will follow your progress with great interest.

P.S. I am also very good a nag... er... encouraging.

sewcrafty 03-07-2011 04:12 AM

Its beautiful! The only thing I may try out is in the center. All the twisted log cabin points are heading inward with the points and the center is facing out. How would it look with the points facing in?

If it doesn't work I don't any big deal its wonderful!

thequilteddove 03-07-2011 04:18 AM

that's gonna be a gorgeous quilt!

Ms. Shawn 03-07-2011 04:23 AM


Originally Posted by k3n
Hi everyone, I'd like your thoughts on this, my own design in EQ, nothing special, just some off centre and twisted log cabins with a bit of applique (that may change as this is just a library design and I'll probably draft my own - I like to be original!) The colours are vague as well and might change once I get in an LQS but I'm thinking batiks... this would be for the contemporary section of the Festival of Quilts, which asked for a modern take on traditional quilting. Does this fit the bill? I thought to regular piece the LCs, PP the twisted, machine applique and FMQ to be decided... any comments gratefully received and when the design is finalised, I'd like to post progress so you can all nag, ermmm, I mean, ENCOURAGE me to finish it in time for August! :lol:

WOW!!! Very Stunning and Beautiful!!!

suesofine 03-07-2011 04:28 AM

WOW, what's not to love about it. Wish there were a tutorial on how you did that.

pocoellie 03-07-2011 04:34 AM

It's gorgeous!!!!

gal288 03-07-2011 04:44 AM

great idea I think it fits the catagory

bevysue57 03-07-2011 04:49 AM

Fantastic!!! I love log cabin quilts!

bamamama 03-07-2011 04:52 AM

Nothing Special? I'd say it's pretty special. Absolutely beautiful!

kateyb 03-07-2011 04:53 AM

Depending on color choices this could be fantastic.

cjk 03-07-2011 05:06 AM

WOW!!! I love it!

4girlsmimi 03-07-2011 05:24 AM

Very pretty!

LeeAnn 03-07-2011 05:26 AM

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the completed quilt.

lynndianne 03-07-2011 05:30 AM

It is very special. Love the colors

Lynn :thumbup:

k3n 03-07-2011 05:41 AM


Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Its beautiful! The only thing I may try out is in the center. All the twisted log cabin points are heading inward with the points and the center is facing out. How would it look with the points facing in?

If it doesn't work I don't any big deal its wonderful!

Thats kind of on purpose and funny you should pick up on that! I tried it with the points in and thought it looked a bit predictable - this was gave some tension to the design and made it more interesting, I thought. I really value your comments though, thank you. I'm about to head out with the dog but when I get back, I'll post the other version and see what you think :-D

The person asking for as tute - this is just fiddling about in EQ with the blocks in the library - hours of twisting and turning to get to this point! Did you mean a tute on how to get the design or how to make the actual quilt?

frauhahn 03-07-2011 05:44 AM

This is awesome!

laurafet 03-07-2011 05:48 AM

Wow! I think you just made my decision to buy the software! Beautiful!

Connie in CO 03-07-2011 05:50 AM

Boy do you have talent :thumbup: I love it.Is it going to be paper pieced.Connie in CO

PATTIESPEARL 03-07-2011 05:58 AM

wow!!!! that is stunning, I don't know how you did it, but it is so beautiful

LovingIzabella 03-07-2011 05:59 AM

Absolutely STUNNING!!! I love it-your work always amazes me. Thank you for sharing...can't wait to see it made!!
hint hint lolol
Hugs
April

PATTIESPEARL 03-07-2011 05:59 AM

like stewyscrewy, I would love a copy of that!

k3n 03-07-2011 06:01 AM


Originally Posted by PATTIESPEARL
like stewyscrewy, I would love a copy of that!

I'm sorry but I'd prefer to keep this one to myself as it's intended to be a competition piece. I can't prevent copying though I know and if you've got EQ, the blocks are all in the library... ;-)

Connie I'll PP the twisted blocks but probably regular piece the log cabins. :-D

tomilu 03-07-2011 06:03 AM

Oh my goodness!!! How totally awesome. You need to develop a pattern for this beauty.

Marcia_PA 03-07-2011 06:03 AM

I think it is fantastic! And I'm not even a purple-lover, but I love that! I should really take the time to learn how to use EQ. I have it but it seems complicated :)

PATTIESPEARL 03-07-2011 06:06 AM

I can understand that. you are very patient and talented.

k3n 03-07-2011 06:06 AM


Originally Posted by tomilu
Oh my goodness!!! How totally awesome. You need to develop a pattern for this beauty.

Thanks but I prefer to make quilts rather than patterns! :lol:

k3n 03-07-2011 06:07 AM


Originally Posted by Marcia_PA
I think it is fantastic! And I'm not even a purple-lover, but I love that! I should really take the time to learn how to use EQ. I have it but it seems complicated :)

I don't think I've even scratched the surface of mine - these are only library blocks, it's really NOT that complex! :-D

arbed31 03-07-2011 06:36 AM

It is beautiful. My EQ7 will be delivered today and I cannot wait to play with it.

GrannieAnnie 03-07-2011 06:38 AM


Originally Posted by k3n
Hi everyone, I'd like your thoughts on this, my own design in EQ, nothing special, just some off centre and twisted log cabins with a bit of applique (that may change as this is just a library design and I'll probably draft my own - I like to be original!) The colours are vague as well and might change once I get in an LQS but I'm thinking batiks... this would be for the contemporary section of the Festival of Quilts, which asked for a modern take on traditional quilting. Does this fit the bill? I thought to regular piece the LCs, PP the twisted, machine applique and FMQ to be decided... any comments gratefully received and when the design is finalised, I'd like to post progress so you can all nag, ermmm, I mean, ENCOURAGE me to finish it in time for August! :lol:

beautiful. Looks like a lot of work, but beautiful

Ripped on Scotch 03-07-2011 06:44 AM

beautiful design. Makes me want to play with my EQ7 more.

KGoodhand 03-07-2011 06:47 AM

WOW!!!

huggyface 03-07-2011 06:56 AM

wow ! great work, beautiful colors

MamaHen 03-07-2011 06:59 AM


Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
beautiful design. Makes me want to play with my EQ7 more.

DITTO ON THAT! I like it the way it is, found the center the most stunning part, makes the whole quilt. Good luck in competition. It's a winner!!!

lovingheart 03-07-2011 07:01 AM

Stunning!

lydia coffman 03-07-2011 07:04 AM

Isn't EQ wonderful! This is a beautiful quilt design. Good luck with the execution....it will be even more beautiful I'm sure.

k3n 03-07-2011 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK here's an eariler version with the centre blocks turned ther other way...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:32 PM.



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.