Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Yum, smoothies today! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/yum-smoothies-today-t110893.html)

fabric whisperer 03-26-2011 11:13 AM

Got some pomegranite (sp?) juice last night, and froze them into little popsicles for the kids... then let some start to defrost, and blended with fresh blueberries. YUM, what a smoothie! Might try adding some banana next time to experiment.

Just had to share ~ I needed the vitamin boost after that darn flu whipped my keester a couple weeks ago :shock:

(if you haven't had pom juice before, its a natural way to fight breast cancer)

raedar63 03-26-2011 11:28 AM

Mmmmm Sounds delishious,My grocery trip tomorrow will include these ingreedients. Krogers has organic blueberries on sale this week!

winterpromise31 03-26-2011 11:31 AM

That sounds really good! I'll have to try that combination.

I love smoothies. My favorite is two bananas, a pound of frozen strawberries, and a big handful of spinach. Throw in a couple Tbls of water to get everything blending. Yum!

sewjean 03-26-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by winterpromise31
That sounds really good! I'll have to try that combination.

I love smoothies. My favorite is two bananas, a pound of frozen strawberries, and a big handful of spinach. Throw in a couple Tbls of water to get everything blending. Yum!

wow I never thought to add spinach to a smoothie. I make them a lot in the summer for breakfast. I will try that! I like to juice veggies too!

fabric whisperer 03-26-2011 11:43 AM

yeah, we're a "juicing family" here... I like the health benefits, and the two youngest kids have really been inventive with new recipes over the last couple years. I think we've instilled the importance of vitamins / natural health with them ~ now if I could just get them to eat mustard greens :) they all think they're too spicy, but I'll just munch on a leaf!

Have you tried kiwi / strawberry / mango? Ooooh, that is a GREAT way to start a morning!

sewjean 03-26-2011 12:45 PM

my usual is banana, strawberries and a little oj & honey.
MY DH won't even try anything from the blender or juicer!

fabric whisperer 03-26-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by sewjean
my usual is banana, strawberries and a little oj & honey.
MY DH won't even try anything from the blender or juicer!

Mmmmm hadn't tried adding honey, I'll have to try that! Most men are scared of healthy foods... until they get older, and regret all the years of junk food :)

CarrieAnne 03-26-2011 02:22 PM

Yum!

Scrap Happy 03-26-2011 03:28 PM

Thanks I’ll have to try this I’ve never had a pomegrate in a smoothie before. I love smoothies and keep different fruit in the freezer for them. I always add a banana and wheat germ too. My favorite smoothie is pineapple & banana. When melons are in season they are excellent in a smoothie! Takes a while to cut up a large water melon but I stick them in the freezer. The melon smoothies taste better to me without a banana.

Winterpromise31, thanks for the spinach suggestion will try this too.

sewjean 03-26-2011 03:33 PM

If you have a juicer(for veggies) you can juice watermelon rind and all. taste great!