Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   tornadoes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tornadoes-t119395.html)

nana20010 04-28-2011 06:54 AM

to all our on lines friends in the torandoe areas my god be with each and ever 1 thinking of each and everone millie ak nana20010

OKLAHOMA PEACH 04-28-2011 06:58 AM

Yes our thoughts and prayers are with you. As an Okie we know what tornadoes can do. If you should need anything please let us know. Our board members are always willing to help.

roseOfsharon 04-28-2011 06:59 AM

Ditto here... We are in the path of possible tornado or severe TS with hail and winds. It is always a heartfelt tragedy to see and hear of the destruction from storms. My prayers are with all the families that have been hit and pray all will find comfort in each others arms. Sending donations to the RedCross. I hope all will do the same.

Sewfine 04-28-2011 07:53 AM

My thoughts and pray goes out to all in the path of these tornadoes.

Lostn51 04-28-2011 08:48 AM

My neighborhood looks like a war zone and we had the 117mph straight line winds. Lucky for me we never lost power but our phone lines were out. There are only 10 homes in my neighborhood with electricity, and all you can hear outside are generators and chain saws running. I am going to have to put a roof on my house and cut a tree down but other than that I should be okay. Might as well go ahead and relandscape the thing, my yard is ruined from all of the tree limbs falling and the rain.

But there was at one time 6 tornadoes on the ground at the same time all around us. I saw one go over our home before it touched down a mile or two from here. I am so glad the storms are over with!!!

Billy

katiebear1 04-28-2011 08:56 AM

My prayers are with all of you affected by the stoems. We were under a tornado warning for most of the morning yesterday but the really bad stuff skirted aroound us and we just had a lot of rain and wind. A few branches down in the yard but no other damage thank the Lord.

amyjo 04-28-2011 08:56 AM

Thank the Lord that they missed you. I am so sorry for all the bad weather. Material things can be replaced but lives can not and there have been so many from these terrible atorms.

Heavenly Threads 04-28-2011 09:00 AM

We too are praying for those effected by the severe weather...

TootieAnn 04-28-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
My neighborhood looks like a war zone and we had the 117mph straight line winds. Lucky for me we never lost power but our phone lines were out. There are only 10 homes in my neighborhood with electricity, and all you can hear outside are generators and chain saws running. I am going to have to put a roof on my house and cut a tree down but other than that I should be okay. Might as well go ahead and relandscape the thing, my yard is ruined from all of the tree limbs falling and the rain.

But there was at one time 6 tornadoes on the ground at the same time all around us. I saw one go over our home before it touched down a mile or two from here. I am so glad the storms are over with!!!

Billy

How scary! Praying for everyone affected. I've seen pictures of the damage online. It does indeed look like a war zone in some places. Thankfully just rain and thunder and a few stray tree limbs down in my yard. We lost power briefly this morning, but it was restored quickly. Sending hugs!

Bluelady 04-28-2011 09:08 AM

Thoughts and prayers to all in the path of the storms. So happy to hear you are safe Billy. Hopefully we will hear from the others in Alabama soon.