Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WaMart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wamart-t125636.html)

jshorty 05-25-2011 08:43 AM

Awhile back someone posted an article from Wall Street Journal stating that WalMart will be putting back fabric depts starting May 1st. I live in Las Vegas & have been to 6 different Super WalMart & non have put in fabric. I did find a small older store that had a few bolts but found they were the same price as JoAnn's. I just returned from San Antonio, Tx and they never got rid of their fabric in the first place. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

BellaBoo 05-25-2011 08:47 AM

The Walmart in my town that did away with the fabric dept. is planning to put the fabric back after a remodel. Maybe the stores are waiting for their turn to be remodeled. It won't be a whole store remodel just rearranging of space to make room for the fabric dept again. Dumb Walmart.

Grammy o'5 05-25-2011 08:51 AM

Where in Las Vegas are you? The Walmart at Eastern & Serene (just south of the 215) has a fabric dept. They never did get rid of it. Whoo Hoo! :thumbup:

lbaillie 05-25-2011 08:52 AM

the Walmart in my town sure did put the fabric back, if you want to call 1 yards cuts on hangers putting it back, I don't think there were 15 choices. Very disappointing

cathyvv 05-25-2011 09:02 AM

The store I go to in NJ was slated to close their fabric dept on 5/1, but were informed before 5/1 that the store management had changed it's mind. They will probably phase fabric back in 'strategically' to maximize sales.

msquilter59 05-25-2011 09:19 AM

The stores around me still haven't put the departments back yet. A couple sell the pre-cut fabrics but not really a lot of choice. There's a store about 1 1/2 hours north that decided not to close their department. Yippee! Holefully the others will follow.

Buckeye Rose 05-25-2011 09:37 AM

sorry, dbl post

Buckeye Rose 05-25-2011 09:37 AM

Our walmart was scheduled to lose their fabric dept too, but decided it wasn't in their best interest. Decision based on sales $$$ from Dept. Am sure the decision for other stores will be the same....whether or not they think they will make money by keeping or bringing back fabric by the yard. Every decision they make is a take on previous fabric sales, so if your Walmart had a fabric dept. that didn't have good sales don't count on getting it back.

Dingle 05-25-2011 09:44 AM

The Wal-Mart way up on Craig Rd has fabric. It seems they have alot their too. I have been there twice in the last 6 months. I got alot of the sale fabric $2-3 a yard and a bolt of bamboo batting for $30.00.

lallyann 05-25-2011 09:47 AM

I'm still waiting for our Walmart to get their fabric back too. I am really hoping they do...but I guess when I see it for myself I'll believe it. I was so sad when they closed our fabric department down. :(