Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   do you feel women should cut their hair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-feel-women-should-cut-their-hair-t126018.html)

Hosta 05-27-2011 05:41 AM

when they reach a certain age? It seems like most women over 40 have short hair. I remember my grandma had such long hair she wore in a braid down her back and one day she was leaning against the stove and it caught on fire. But did you decide its not worth the hassle after a certain age?

katieranch 05-27-2011 05:42 AM

I am almost 60, my hair is short because it looks best that way and my DH likes it short, too. I think a woman should wear her hair the way that makes her feel best!

Rebecca VLQ 05-27-2011 05:43 AM

I think they should in a sense of being well-kept. I've seen some women who don't wanna let go of their locks and end up with long, stringy, straggly hair just because it starts to thin out as you get older, you know? Not that any particular length is the "right" length...but wear your tresses PROUDLY.

redkimba 05-27-2011 05:44 AM

That is up to each individual person. Personally I hate it that someone decides how long my hair should be when I am at x age. If I am 90 years old and want it have it long enough to drag the floor, then that is my business and none of yours.

I am over 40 and have hair that is now mid-back. I did have it down to my tailbone, but cut it back because it really, really needed it. I do plan on growing it back out, but only to just below waist-length.

Marion T 05-27-2011 05:44 AM

I'm 62 and have longish hair (past my shoulders). I've never had short hair, and I don't really think age has anything to do with it. Plenty of people half and a third my age have short hair.

renee765 05-27-2011 05:45 AM

I am 60. My hair is very long, but I always keep it up in back. For me, it's just less of a bother to twist it up than to fuss with blow-drying, or curling, or regular trims. No one has seen me with my hair down in years.

I figure that by the time you reach my age, you can wear your hair however the heck you like it.

raedar63 05-27-2011 05:55 AM

I have naturally thin hair, I always wore it long enough to pull back for many reasons such as comfort, living on a farm,riding mororcycles, working in heathcare and being old school and believing nurses need to keep hair up etc. Well I work with lots of young girls who are into style . I let them convice me to get a "CUTE MORE AGE APPROPRIATE" haircut. I loved it for a few days but now could kick myself! I will admitt it looked much better but what a pain. I am LOW MAINTENENCE and miss pulling it back.
If I had a knockout body I would shave it off ! lol. We get caught up on what others think too much of the time. Wear it how YOU like it! :):)

QuiltnNan 05-27-2011 06:01 AM

i agree with all the posters here. i have my hair long right now, but only because i donate to locks of love. since my hair is thinner, i wait for two cuts to make a good hank to donate. my favorite length is shoulder length in a page boy and i am over 60

scrappycats 05-27-2011 06:03 AM

I had down to my waist three years ago, but it was falling out and finding hairs in your food and all over the place was not nice. But, now at 61, I want it long again and am growing it. Just don't like all the work it takes for the shorter version.

huntannette 05-27-2011 06:04 AM

To each his own i say!! I`m 59 and let my hair grow longer a few years ago.....I take care of it and tie it up when i`m doing housework....i dye it blond and I love it!!