Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first attempt at stippling...and quilting on my domestic machine. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-attempt-stippling-quilting-my-domestic-machine-t129919.html)

skippitydodahquilts 06-12-2011 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I had these pinwheels laying around for awhile. And my niece wanted a quilt for her American Girl doll. I did all the piecing, quilting, and binding on my Janome.

I'm pretty pleased with it. There are a couple mistakes, but I doubt she'll notice them :).

978gray 06-12-2011 10:45 AM

Very good! Now don't you feel proud! Lovely colors!

skippitydodahquilts 06-12-2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 978gray

I am pretty proud of myself ;). I experimented with FMQ and found that stippling was the easiest for me. The whole reason I did it on my machine was because my mom got me the Supreme Slider to put on the bed. It made the quilting go so much easier and faster. No drag and my stitches were pretty even :). Glad I just jumped in and did it!

jayelee 06-12-2011 11:05 AM

Great job

Dolphyngyrl 06-12-2011 11:09 AM

Looks good, wish mine could look that good the first try

quiltlady 06-12-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts

I am pretty proud of myself ;). I experimented with FMQ and found that stippling was the easiest for me. The whole reason I did it on my machine was because my mom got me the Supreme Slider to put on the bed. It made the quilting go so much easier and faster. No drag and my stitches were pretty even :). Glad I just jumped in and did it!

Great job - she will love it. What's the Supreme Slider for a bed? Can you post a picture?

skippitydodahquilts 06-12-2011 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by quiltlady

Originally Posted by skippitydodahquilts

Great job - she will love it. What's the Supreme Slider for a bed? Can you post a picture?

The Supreme Slider is like this slippery piece of vinyl type material. the underside is sticky and just goes on the bed of the machine :). It totally eliminated the drag and just made the whole process go a lot smoother and so much faster! I hope I explained it well enough :).

chairjogger 06-12-2011 11:16 AM

wonderful! fun project there !!

skippitydodahquilts 06-12-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
Looks good, wish mine could look that good the first try

Honestly, the Supreme Slider made my movements a lot more fluid and curvier. I'm pretty sure it was the best birthday present I've ever gotten ;).

mms61371 06-12-2011 11:20 AM

Great job! The supreme slider is on my want list!