Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Sewing Room finally (almost) done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-room-finally-almost-done-t132333.html)

AnitaSt 06-22-2011 10:06 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I finally took over the hobby room that DH and I shared and made it ALL MINE as a sewing room. It's an old (102 yr) house and all the rooms connect. This room is between the two most popular rooms in the house...the kitchen and the TV room. So it's a pass through and has lots of doors. It has very high ceilings and a display shelf at about 9 feet...the pics might show some of DH's model boat projects.

When we remodeled the kitchen, I got the cabinet maker to build shelves for this room and a pressing/cutting table (which isn't painted yet). On the walls and shelves are things made by family members. I have more to add and I think I'm going to move in a quilt rack that DH made. I made the small bowtie/snowball quilt. And I have a big closet for fabric and stuff...too messy to show right now but lots of good storage in there! Because the room is so open to the rest of the house I wanted it to have the same sort of "vintage" look but still keep WIP, scraps, etc. in handy places. A couple of the pictures were taken at night without all the lights on...there's plenty of light in the room.

Anyway...this is my place to play now. I was about to say how "lucky" I am to have this, but you know what? I worked hard in a stressful profession for 30 years and now that I'm retired, I've earned this!! Thanks for looking!

Shelves, sewing desk (from Ikea), part of design wall. design wall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215281[/ATTACH]

Design wall...I've never had one and I love it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215282[/ATTACH]

Cutting and pressing corner. There's a pressing pad that can be placed on top of cutting table; table has a drop leaf on the back so it opens up really big.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215283[/ATTACH]

Another view...little door is a half bath, very handy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215284[/ATTACH]

suebee 06-22-2011 10:08 AM

Im soooooooo jealous. Such a warm comfortable looking space. GREAT JOB

AUQuilter 06-22-2011 10:10 AM

What a great room- enjoy!

erstan947 06-22-2011 10:10 AM

Over the top beautiful:) Thanks for sharing:)

QuiltnCowgirl 06-22-2011 10:11 AM

Awesome, well earned room!!

emerald46 06-22-2011 10:12 AM

What a great room. Nothing beats those old houses, so warm and cozy looking.

ontheriver 06-22-2011 10:13 AM

What a great area. I love the way you hung the design wall. You certainly have a great place to create.

AnitaSt 06-22-2011 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot this picture....an old chest of drawers that has great storage and the University of Texas needlepoint my mother made when I was there. Hook 'em Horns.

More storage....already full.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215285[/ATTACH]

jlong 06-22-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Over the top beautiful:) Thanks for sharing:)

I agree.

GreatStarter 06-22-2011 10:23 AM

It's beautiful! I am so happy to hear you have your own sewing room that is so light and airy feeling. Now enjoy it!

Kat