Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I need to make a quilt and need inspiration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-need-make-quilt-need-inspiration-t133114.html)

taiboo 06-25-2011 02:32 PM

I need to make an Ohio State Quilt...I need inspiration....I have nothing ...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kimberly

ube quilting 06-25-2011 02:41 PM

there is a book by Carol Doak, I think? It is PP stars of the fifty states. I'll get the name and edit this post. They are really cool!
peace

The book is called 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars, by Carol Doak. I think this would be a great idea. The Ohio Star is real nice. Maybe you could do a search to find it and see if it might be something for you to try. Do you do
P-Ping?

quilt1950 06-25-2011 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this one.

Oh, I thought you meant a quilt for the university. Ignore if I'm wrong.

taiboo 06-25-2011 02:42 PM

Thats very pretty :-)

Originally Posted by quilt1950
How about this one.

taiboo 06-25-2011 02:43 PM

Thank you, I'll check it out

Originally Posted by ube quilting
there is a book by Carol Doak, I think? It is PP stars of the fifty states. I'll get the name and edit this post. They are really cool!
peace

taiboo 06-25-2011 02:44 PM

I did mean the university :-)

Originally Posted by quilt1950
How about this one.

Oh, I thought you meant a quilt for the university. Ignore if I'm wrong.

ube quilting 06-25-2011 02:51 PM

Okay, I'm confused. Just what are you asking for? Ideas?
Ideas to interpret your way or the symbol for the OS University?

What are the school colors. Start there
What is the school mascot?
school Motto?
Song?

Ask some of these ?'s and you may come up with something cool!
peace :D

taiboo 06-25-2011 02:53 PM

I'm looking for anything....Inspiration, ideas, pictures etc... I need to make a quilt for someone who is going to Ohio State in the fall...and I'm just drawing blanks LOL

clynns 06-25-2011 02:55 PM

I love the Block O quilt. It one of the better one's that I've seen. Also other things to consider putting in it are a Cardinal, Horseshoe, Woody Hayes, and a Helmet with
buckeye leafs on it. Yes, I live in Ohio about an hour drive from the stadium. Also the Ohio State archway on campus. You should be able to get some pictures of it by looking at the OSU website. Another place on campus the Mirror Lake. Google any of these. I'm not sure what kind of quilt that you want to make. But this is a hodgepodge of OSU.

ube quilting 06-25-2011 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by taiboo
I'm looking for anything....Inspiration, ideas, pictures etc... I need to make a quilt for someone who is going to Ohio State in the fall...and I'm just drawing blanks LOL

Maybe you don't really want a school related quilt but one that reflects the person you are giving it to!