Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE QUILTING BOOK AND WHY? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-quilting-book-why-t135607.html)

Chicca 07-06-2011 08:49 AM

I am just curious...plus, I find quilting books to be relaxing and at the same time they get the thought process going on a never ending road! LOL.

Right now, I have a book called BIG BOOK OF BEST-LOVED QUILT PATTERNS that I would have to say is my favorite. It contains 82 patterns ranging from strip piecing to special techniques.

My main reason for this being my favorite is because of the variety it offers. I can spend a few minutes browsing or sit with it for a couple hours and ponder over fabrics, layouts and if I could actually do that!!

So what is your favorite quilting book and why do you like it so well?

DebQuilter50 07-06-2011 08:54 AM

Quilts Through the Seasons by Eleanor Burns

This book is so helpful for new quilters like me. It has great patterns which are easy to follow - with pictures!

Also, it has directions for each pattern in a variety of sizes.

Great idea for a thread - I am anxious to hear other opinions.

QuiltnNan 07-06-2011 08:54 AM

i love egg money quilts by eleanor burns. i love her techniques.

amma 07-06-2011 09:00 AM

My favorite changes all of the time LOL

I put so many on hold at my library, the list is forever ongoing... just when I think I find a favorite? another email, trip to the library and a "new" favorite is in my hands.

Do I really have to pick just one :lol: :lol: :D:D:D

Chicca 07-06-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by DebQuilter50
Quilts Through the Seasons by Eleanor Burns

This book is so helpful for new quilters like me. It has great patterns which are easy to follow - with pictures!

Also, it has directions for each pattern in a variety of sizes.

Great idea for a thread - I am anxious to hear other opinions.

Although I do not have any of her books, I enjoy watching her videos and find them fun and interesting. Always something new to learn and intrigue interests. I am looking forward to the responses.

Chicca 07-06-2011 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
i love egg money quilts by eleanor burns. i love her techniques.

She is an instructor it would be amazing to meet and talk with.

Chicca 07-06-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by amma
My favorite changes all of the time LOL

I put so many on hold at my library, the list is forever ongoing... just when I think I find a favorite? another email, trip to the library and a "new" favorite is in my hands.

Do I really have to pick just one :lol: :lol: :D:D:D

I go to the library and check out books often. I had a hard time chosing the book I did. Plus, like you, at some point it will change...over and over. LOL

snipforfun 07-06-2011 09:11 AM

I just got the Seasons...book

Prism99 07-06-2011 09:31 AM

I think it is Harriet Hargrave's book on machine applique. I learned *so* much from that book!

np3 07-06-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chicca
I am just curious...plus, I find quilting books to be relaxing and at the same time they get the thought process going on a never ending road! LOL.

Right now, I have a book called BIG BOOK OF BEST-LOVED QUILT PATTERNS that I would have to say is my favorite. It contains 82 patterns ranging from strip piecing to special techniques.

My main reason for this being my favorite is because of the variety it offers. I can spend a few minutes browsing or sit with it for a couple hours and ponder over fabrics, layouts and if I could actually do that!!

So what is your favorite quilting book and why do you like it so well?

Whichever one is in my hand at the time. I fall in love all over again every time I pick one up!