Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancocks-Paducah....is it just me? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancocks-paducah-just-me-t135608.html)

ArizonaQuilts1 07-06-2011 08:55 AM

Hi quilters,

Have any of you placed orders with Hancocks-Paducah on line only to be notified weeks later they have cancelled part of your order? This has happened to me the last 6 times I have ordered fabric from them and it's making me crazy. I guess it's no problem when you are buying stash but when you are buying coordinating fabrics for a project, it's a huge problem. And it does not seem to matter if the fabric is on sale or not. I can't tell you how much orphan fabric I now have. GRRRRR.

I don't see a way to give Hancocks special instructions when ordering either. Does anybody have suggestions short of calling in an order by phone? I hate giving my credit card number out like that.

Thanks, Mary

amma 07-06-2011 08:57 AM

Maybe call them by phone to see if they have all of the fabric in stock, and then hit send for your order? :D:D:D

peaceandjoy 07-06-2011 09:00 AM

I've only ordered from them a few times - 3, I think - but never had a problem.

np3 07-06-2011 09:04 AM

I have had orders cancelled by them a few times. But each time it was things that were on sale. I just assumed that their online store is not capable of keeping up with remaining quantities they have on hand.

nycquilter 07-06-2011 09:05 AM

I've found it is preferable to call in an order. the person on their side is usually extremely nice and patient. they will tell you if the fabric is in stock, if it is out of stock and when it will be expected, and if there is any delay.

Glassquilt 07-06-2011 09:35 AM

Another advantage of ordering with a real, live person. You can specify all-or-nothing.

ghostrider 07-06-2011 10:01 AM

I, too, prefer to make phone orders, especially when it's a 'must have' order like for a custom quilt. Their people are the very best about telling you what's there, what's on order, when it will ship, when to expect it, anything you want to know. I've even had them say that I should probably try to get something somewhere else because they didn't think they could get it to me in time.

QuiltforPD 07-06-2011 10:24 AM

I have had this done by Hancocks of Paducah almost every time I have ordered from them. I have ordered from them maybe 8 times. I love that they carry some things I can't find elsewhere online BUT the site doesn't let you look at the fabric on a 'design wall' AND once you place an order you can't tell them never mind if they don't ship it all at once. I really don't like their site or policies. They sure don't ship quickly!!!!

DebraK 07-06-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltforPD
I have had this done by Hancocks of Paducah almost every time I have ordered from them. I have ordered from them maybe 8 times. I love that they carry some things I can't find elsewhere online BUT the site doesn't let you look at the fabric on a 'design wall' AND once you place an order you can't tell them never mind if they don't ship it all at once. I really don't like their site or policies. They sure don't ship quickly!!!!

Yep, I stopped ordering from them after the second time. Plenty of other sites to buy from.

collector49 07-06-2011 11:16 AM

I've had the same thing happen to me numerous times. I don't order from them very often any more, because it is so frustrating.