Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Mystery of 'Happy Daisies'............... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mystery-happy-daisies-t156238.html)

KathyAire 09-27-2011 09:29 AM

.............is solved. Thanks to Watson58. She posted that she won a raffle quilt several years ago. Said the quilt was called 'Shadowed Daisy'. She also said that the pattern was often advertised in the Rural Missouri Sac Osage Electric Cooperative News. I asked her to give me specific information about the pattern. She did. I ordered the pattern and received it yesterday. I'm convinced that 'Happy Daisies' is a variation of that pattern. I called and talked with Evelyn McCarty, the owner of 'Shadowed Daisy'. I told her the whole story of how I came about making my quilt and that I'm sure her pattern was the inspiration for the quilt. I also told her that many people asked me about the pattern and that many people have made the quilt. I told her that I NEVER once took credit for the pattern, which is the truth.

If anyone would like to purchase the pattern, send a check for $8.00 to Evelyn.
Evelyn McCarty
3020 Moselle Rd.
Union, Mo 63084

butterflies5518 09-27-2011 11:47 AM

yeah, mystery solved! - I went to college in Union.

magpie 09-27-2011 02:39 PM

Thank you for sharing the info.

luvspaper 09-27-2011 04:51 PM

Wow...how fun that you found the original...and how great that you are passing the info on for her benefit....

BrownEyedGirl 11-30-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire (Post 4313447)
.............is solved. Thanks to Watson58. She posted that she won a raffle quilt several years ago. Said the quilt was called 'Shadowed Daisy'. She also said that the pattern was often advertised in the Rural Missouri Sac Osage Electric Cooperative News. I asked her to give me specific information about the pattern. She did. I ordered the pattern and received it yesterday. I'm convinced that 'Happy Daisies' is a variation of that pattern. I called and talked with Evelyn McCarty, the owner of 'Shadowed Daisy'. I told her the whole story of how I came about making my quilt and that I'm sure her pattern was the inspiration for the quilt. I also told her that many people asked me about the pattern and that many people have made the quilt. I told her that I NEVER once took credit for the pattern, which is the truth.

Evelyn McCarty
3020 Moselle Rd.
Union, Mo 63084

Does anyone know if this contact is still correct? Thanks!

Ympix 04-10-2013 02:18 PM

thank you very much for taking the trouble to reple, I will follow up and intend to make this lovely quilt as soon as I can, best regards Marie

sancoo1 07-17-2013 07:39 AM

Thank you for replying, I will try to get it from her.

Originally Posted by KathyAire (Post 4313447)

Evelyn McCarty
3020 Moselle Rd.
Union, Mo 63084

valleyquiltermo 07-17-2013 07:46 AM

I have her pattern, it's waiting on my bucket list to do.

homecaregiver 07-17-2013 09:41 AM

Thanks for the update and I will order the pattern from her. I appreciate you getting back to m.
Pat

Fran Foss 07-17-2013 04:11 PM

Happy Daisies

Kathy,
Thanks for your reply. I will order the pattern from Evelyn. I love it sooooooo much
Fran