Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mug Rugs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mug-rugs-t160203.html)

creativesheila 10-13-2011 02:46 PM

i am getting some great coffee/tea fabric from other forum members. thanks! Mug Rugs are so much fun and I have seen some wonderful patterns.

I want to make some of these for friends, add a nice mug and a small coffee or tea for the holidays.

If anyone has an design that is more than a basic one for mug rugs I'd love to see it.

antiquegirl68 10-13-2011 02:55 PM

Me too I want to make some for friends for Christmas. I don't have any coffee or tea fabric I will just make due with what I have.

Tawny 10-13-2011 02:57 PM

I would like to have a go at these too, what size would you suggest?

cherrio 10-13-2011 02:59 PM

done 5x8 and 6x8 with a lil pocket for a spoon or one for tea bags

pocoellie 10-13-2011 03:32 PM

There was a tutorial on the board for making maple leaf mug rugs. They were gorgeous.

Judith1005 10-13-2011 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by creativesheila
i am getting some great coffee/tea fabric from other forum members. thanks! Mug Rugs are so much fun and I have seen some wonderful patterns.

I want to make some of these for friends, add a nice mug and a small coffee or tea for the holidays.

If anyone has an design that is more than a basic one for mug rugs I'd love to see it.

i've done a couple for a friend. my first ones. they were animal print. (her favorite) one's a log cabin w/a giraffe embrodiered in the middle and the other is chinese coins. they were fun.

Judith1005 10-13-2011 05:48 PM

oh, i forgot to say, they are about a 4x6. a large post card size.

wolfkitty 10-13-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005

i've done a couple for a friend. my first ones. they were animal print. (her favorite) one's a log cabin w/a giraffe embrodiered in the middle and the other is chinese coins. they were fun.

They are beautiful! I love the giraffe one! Great!!! :thumbup:

fayzer 10-13-2011 07:22 PM

Go to photobucket or Google mugrug images and you will see MANY different designs.

Judith1005 10-13-2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by wolfkitty

Originally Posted by Judith1005

They are beautiful! I love the giraffe one! Great!!! :thumbup:

thank you. :D