Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Candy Corn - love it or hate it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/candy-corn-love-hate-t163425.html)

SouthPStitches 10-26-2011 10:28 AM

I'm a third generation candy corn lover on my Mom's side of the family. Sugar runs through my veins this time of year. The original, orange white and yellow, not the indian corn variety of orange, white and brown (chocolate). Maybe even consider it a vegetable in the 4 major food groups. Even love to see it in a clear glass candy dish. Who else shares my seasonal addiction?

As a side note, my Mom celebrated spring with tray after tray of the yellow Easter Peeps. Never could share her enthusiasm for the chicks.

wraez 10-26-2011 10:29 AM

has to be love or hate?

I don't hate it, but prefer not to eat it, it is just to sweet for me.

dh LOVES it ...

QuiltnNan 10-26-2011 10:29 AM

no candy corn or peeps for me :thumbdown:

athomenow 10-26-2011 10:30 AM

Love to see it in the candy dish, can't stand to eat it. Might as well take a huge spoonful of sugar and suck it down. Can't stand Peeps either.

COYOTEMAGIC 10-26-2011 10:32 AM

Like Brach's Honey Corn.

valsma 10-26-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches
I'm a third generation candy corn lover on my Mom's side of the family. Sugar runs through my veins this time of year. The original, orange white and yellow, not the indian corn variety of orange, white and brown (chocolate). Maybe even consider it a vegetable in the 4 major food groups. Even love to see it in a clear glass candy dish. Who else shares my seasonal addiction?

As a side note, my Mom celebrated spring with tray after tray of the yellow Easter Peeps. Never could share her enthusiasm for the chicks.

I'm more of a take it or leave it kinda person. I have to be in the mood for it.
As for peeps, never have and never will like them. The thought of them make my teeth hurt.

tlcquiltnut 10-26-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches

Love it but have vowed not to buy any this year....don't want to temp myself. I am diabetic...once I start that can't quit.

sewn3w 10-26-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
Like Brach's Honey Corn.

Yep. Only the honey corn for me. And ditto, don't care for the indian corn.

quiltsillysandi 10-26-2011 10:37 AM

I LOVE Candy Corn........YUMMO!

Painiacs 10-26-2011 11:00 AM

Ugh! Not for me!