Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Where Is.... questions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/where-questions-t165210.html)

Life Full of Laughter 11-02-2011 01:27 PM

Where Is.... questions

I have a blog, called Life Full of Laughter, where I write about my hobbies and so on. I also post lots reviews and giveaways. Many of the are quilting related. Is there somewhere on the boards where I could post links to them so people can enter? Or is it better to just post about them on my Quilting Board blog? Thanks!

Bye,
Lisa

quilt1950 11-02-2011 01:44 PM

Filtering forums - can we still do it?

Under the previous format, I could filter out forums I didn't want to see. I would not see them on the 'home' page, nor when I went to What's New. (Can you believe that I don't remember what that used to be called? New topics maybe). Can I still do this?

Don't get me wrong, I think all the forums are great. But I just don't have time for a Round Robin, and don't have anything to swap, so I prefer not to see those forums on a daily basis.

rusty quilter 11-02-2011 01:49 PM

Good question--will be wat

Kitsie 11-02-2011 01:50 PM

"Mark all as read"??

In the "old" forum after viewing the "unread topics" you could choose to mark all topics as read so they would not show up when you viewed that list again. Is there a way with "What's New?" to do that also? It was very handy!

Thanks!

scrapngmom 11-02-2011 01:53 PM

I too would like to know the answer? Trying to figure out what the envelopes look like to see if I have read it or not is just not working for me.

Sadiemae 11-02-2011 01:56 PM

I don't think this feature is available.

Kitsie 11-02-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom (Post 4619621)
I too would like to know the answer? Trying to figure out what the envelopes look like to see if I have read it or not is just not working for me.

Yes, and I don't want to have to scroll down through pages of posts for the few I haven't read!

wraez 11-02-2011 03:18 PM

Where Is.... questions

Like most of you I'm having some challenges and just trying to get some help. Several of the 'stickies' take me to an invalid page.

I can't PM a member to let her know I mailed cash refund. I have 83 messages over the 500 limit. I can't figure out how to just click down the side of the messages I want to delete and delete them all. I can only figure out how to delete them one at a time, by opening the message ... taking way too long. I've already deleted at least 50 messages this way and it is time consuming.

Something about folders? maybe if I put them in a folder and delete the folder? But can't figure out how to do that either.

any suggestions?

catrancher 11-02-2011 03:45 PM

Go to Forum Actions, click mark forums read. They seem to come back on the list with each new reply though. Also, if you're looking at a list of titles, the envelope to the left changes to gray in color when you've read it.

Kitsie 11-02-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher (Post 4620298)
Go to Forum Actions, click mark forums read. They seem to come back on the list with each new reply though. Also, if you're looking at a list of titles, the envelope to the left changes to gray in color when you've read it.

Thanks cat, wondered about that. I knew about the envelopes but didn't want to have to scroll down the whole list repeatedly.

Where in the PNW? I'm in Ridgefield just north of Vancouver, WA.