Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Cleaning and organizing sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/cleaning-organizing-sewing-room-t169903.html)

Quilty-Louise 11-26-2011 10:32 AM

Cleaning and organizing sewing room

Well I am trying to get my sewing room cleaned and
organized, what a chore that is proving to be. I had no
clue I had so many empty boxes of all sizes stacked in
the room, but I know that the majority of those boxes
was slipped into my room by my hubs, because I see
HIS name on the labels.

Granted some of the boxes I do want to keep, but not
all of them. I guess he thinks if I want some I want them all.

Hopefully though I will have gone through everything and
sorted out what I need to keep handy and what can be put
out of the way.

I will TRY to post pictures IF I ever get it finished.

sweet 11-26-2011 11:53 AM

Just try to enjoy the process and not turn it into a chore, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Boxes can be recycled, maybe ask a grocery store.....

Good Luck to you!

Connie M. 11-26-2011 12:40 PM

Hang in there. My oldest son says your works space is a reflection of the condition of your mind. Cluttered workspace = cluttered mind. He is a neat-nick, but I have to agree with him, at least in part, because when I enter my Lair, I have to pick up and do all my mending and have it clean before start a new project. My storage is all organized and stays that way, but my work surfaces get cluttered when I go on a marathon sewing spree.

butterjoy 11-26-2011 01:31 PM

I look forward to seeing the results of your room! It is gonna look great!

happyjan 11-27-2011 04:26 AM

My Granddaughter finally moved out and I now have a sewing room! Getting it organised was a big job but worth it. I don't know where I stored everything before, DH bought me some book shelves, great for books, magazines and of course the fabric stash. I have made 1 rule....... I must clean up before starting a new project.

butterjoy 11-27-2011 04:31 AM

Post a pic :)

Originally Posted by happyjan (Post 4724550)
My Granddaughter finally moved out and I now have a sewing room! Getting it organised was a big job but worth it. I don't know where I stored everything before, DH bought me some book shelves, great for books, magazines and of course the fabric stash. I have made 1 rule....... I must clean up before starting a new project.

jpmaroni 11-27-2011 05:49 AM

Organzing can become addictting.

mshollysd 11-27-2011 08:48 AM

I understand and remember where you put everything. That is my problem, clean, and organize and then I can't find anything I am looking for.

j 11-27-2011 09:12 AM

If I have to clean before starting another project, I would never get anything done. I like changing between a couple of projects. - J

Jingle 11-27-2011 06:30 PM

I put away everything before I start another quilt. Room is so small nothing else would work.
Glad you are getting your space organized.