Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   happy days (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/happy-days-t170383.html)

winter 11-30-2011 07:40 AM

happy days

well I'm new to the board and i just thought I would share about a year ago I got my treddle a 1929 redeye named rebecca two months ago I found charlott a centenal 1951 model 128 two days ago I found viola a 1948 fetherweight but she is on layaway and won,t be comming home till feb 8th so sad about that but I have been looking for her for at least four years cant post pics dont have a camara
  • :D winter

Tartan 11-30-2011 07:59 AM

Welcome Winter! Wow, I never thought I would put those 2 words together. I am not a big fan of cold weather. Congratulations on owning some great old machines. I love my Singer treadle although I do own 2 modern Berninas too. Nothing sews like a treadle for difficult fabrics or blue jean seams. You'll find lots of antique machine lovers here.

coloradosky 12-01-2011 12:10 AM

Welcome to the board. You will love the vintage and antique machines displayed in this section. I also have a 1910 model Singer red eye which I bought in October.

thepolyparrot 12-01-2011 08:46 AM

Hi there - these old machines are so much fun! Congratulations on finding "your" Featherweight. I've been waiting a long time for mine, too but one finally showed up at a price I could justify a month or two back. :) I wish I could find a Red Eye in nice shape - especially one in an ornate parlor cabinet. Have fun collecting! :)

quilt addict 12-01-2011 11:52 AM

Winter, welcome to the board and congratulations on some very nice machines. I hope you will join in and let us know how you are sewing with them and any new machines you get. Especially when you get the FW home!

red-warrior 12-01-2011 01:21 PM

Lucky girl!

Thumbelina 12-01-2011 03:22 PM

hi and welcome from NE Ohio. Sounds like you might have hit the jackpot.:thumbup:

CMARAS1234 12-01-2011 08:47 PM

anyone see or hear of an old machine "Boston" it was a treadle with a short belt and a case that covered the machine on the top . also a tension bar on the top of the machine with a screw .It was at an auction last night ,not in good shape and missing parts including missing throat plate, and shuttle bobbin. I had to leave before it was sold. so dont know what it went for. Caase was in real bad shape with peeling vaneer,

SewBarbie 12-02-2011 03:44 AM

Do these machines come with names or do you name them?

chance 12-02-2011 07:42 AM

Good morning:

Can anyone steer me in the right direction regarding needles for vintage machines. I need to purchase needles for Models 27, 15, 66, 127, and Wheeler and Wilson 9. Is there a chart somewhere that shows what needles these machines take and their modern equivalents? I have rescued several machines and they are running "like butter", but I can't test the stitching til I find needles. Thanks for your help.