Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about Craftsy.com (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-craftsy-com-t174237.html)

Cybrarian 01-02-2012 09:03 PM

Question about Craftsy.com

Because of interesting comments about this site I followed the link and it's a great site. I have started the free BOM class-not to make a quilt-sampler quilts others have done are beautiful, but not my taste for my home. I have wanted to make some new throw pillows for different rooms, including some seasonal ones so I will be making and using the blocks for this project. This also enables me to work out of my stash. My question concerns the Strip Paper Piecing class with Peggy Martin. I have wanted to take a class on this and the projects feature many of the techniques I want to learn. Right now it is on sale for $29. I won't be able to start for a while. So those of you who are Craftsy knowledgable. Is this a best price or will it be marked down again? Don't want to miss the opportunity, but since it will be a couple of months before I have time I'd hate to purchase now and then see it for a lesser price later. Any "knowledge from experience" out there is appreciated!

Xtgirl 01-02-2012 09:20 PM

I think that is what I paid for quilting quickly...often they will have a special where every 3rd person who purchases the class will get it free, but I haven't seen that for the strip paper piecing class yet....

Cybrarian 01-02-2012 09:42 PM

Thanks, looking at my budget because I definitely don't want to miss out on this class.

Joy.lynn 01-02-2012 11:31 PM

Thanks for the link. I loved looking at the pictures. I find that it takes so long to load some pictures here now that I feel like I am back on dial up.

knlsmith 01-03-2012 01:16 AM

I just signed up for their emails this week and had a $25 offer for any class. I signed up for the strip paper piecing class. I am just starting to watch it, but so far i am happy with it. I am just getting to the first project, so wont be able to watch again until the weekend.

Cybrarian 01-03-2012 04:51 AM

Thanks for the tip knlsmith! I havent done that yet, going to the site now. :-)

Sunnye 01-03-2012 05:04 AM

I got in on the $19.99 classes at the end of the year. That was the cheapest I saw anything. I've started one class and the others are "waiting for me." That's a nice feature that you can buy on sale and take it as you get to it! I don't know how often they offer THAT price; $29 is certainly better than full price! I have found the class good so far; I had a few questions and got replies quickly. Go for it! If you like it you can wait for a "better" sale for other classes later. I signed up for three classes and then the free BOM!

franc36 01-03-2012 05:30 AM

I have signed up for several Craftsy classes. I think the first ones, I paid $29 for. I paid $19.99 for the paper piecing class which I probably will not start for some time. I started the Block of the Month class on the 1st. I am going to make a quilt; but am still trying to decide on fabric. I love the Craftsy classes because I have trouble getting to my LQS for classes. I like the fact that I can go back and see lessons over as often as I like. I am machine quilting a quilt that is 122" x 120". Before I started it, I reviewed a Machine Quilting ​lesson. To me, the classes are well worth the money.

ka9sdn 01-03-2012 05:47 AM

I have not heard about this site, can you tell me more.

sassyg 01-03-2012 07:36 AM

Just goto craftsy.com and ther is a list of classes that you can preview before purchasing. also like stated before sign up for the newsletter and you maybe get a class for less. worth checking out, especially the bom which is free.