Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what would you guys do? I am not sure yet. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-would-you-guys-do-i-am-not-sure-yet-t177303.html)

sahm4605 01-28-2012 02:13 PM

what would you guys do? I am not sure yet.

3 Attachment(s)
I am not sure what to do yet. here is what I have so far. there are two parts to this question by the way. first is what to put in the corners of the quilt in the first pic and the next question is how to do the drop down on the sides and bottom of the bed. it will need to be a min of 12" per side. I am wanting to do the corners with the fairy and flower block. but I am not sure how to handle the the space in between the four corners. This is what I have come up with so far. I was playing around with doing diamonds kinda like how It is in the fourth pic. but only end to end and matching up with the center flowers of the corner blocks. and using the pink and having then the lighter purple then a green then the dark purple around it. the diamonds would be around 4 1/2" wide and about 8" long or so. hope this is clear as mud. what do you guys think? am I on the right path? FYI the blue will be a border around the quilt followed by a final dark purple. and bound in the green.

sahm4605 01-28-2012 02:17 PM

the last pic is having trouble. sorry. need to figure out how to make it smaller. it is way to big to upload.

azwendyg 01-28-2012 02:34 PM

That is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and what wonderful workmanship too! Your border fabrics are lovely and it's going to look great no matter what you choose to do in the borders.

TanyaL 01-28-2012 03:17 PM

Without your borders your quilt looks like your main colors are pink and light blue with the darker colors as accents. With your borders, the darker colors dominate and I can't tell what is your main color. I think it will be pretty, but I wonder what color scheme are you wanting. Do you want a light colored quilt with dark accents? Then the border has too much darker colors. Do you want a darker quilt with a light colored top for the bed? Then the border is perfect.

virtualbernie 01-28-2012 03:25 PM

Can't help you with the design but I wanted to tell you that that quilt is BEAUTIFUL!

Stitchnripper 01-28-2012 03:30 PM

Your quilt is beautiful and your assistant is adorable!!

NanaCsews2 01-28-2012 03:41 PM

The corners I personally would go with the purple marbled(?) print already in the quilt. Then, I would use the outer green fabric you have laid out and the lighter purple. That will make the darker purple print just jump, at the same time tying all your fabrics together. I am not sure I would put the peach/pink or the blue or the dark green print around the quilt at all. My opinion only. And to add, I think you have done a great job with the color and fabrics on this one. Very nice!!

Teddybear Lady 01-28-2012 03:46 PM

Your quilt is beautiful and your assistant is cute!

eastermarie 01-28-2012 03:50 PM

Beautiful colors. Kitty likes it, too!

KerryK 01-28-2012 04:03 PM

Really have no suggestions, but I must tell you how beautiful your quilt is. Looks like your personal Quilt Police like it a lot, too! :)