Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Just so I remember how it looked clean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/just-so-i-remember-how-looked-clean-t181127.html)

damaquilts 02-29-2012 09:35 AM

Just so I remember how it looked clean

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished up (almost) cleaning up my room, sorting out my fabric, measuring and wrapping fabric on comic book backings. I took a picture to show myself what it Should look like. LOL I still have to sort and cut up my scraps so it won't look like this for long. I should be finished by the end of the week. hopefully .
I got rid of a bunch of books that I hadn't looked at in years. I still need to sort through the rest of those. I have UFO's each in their own basket . I have mending in its own basket.I found a pair of jeans I had forgotten I bought that needed the hem taken down. . I am taking 2 boxes of things to Habitat or CHKD . Not sure which yet. Still have things I want to go through and re organize but I got the big part done I think.

tedytrser 02-29-2012 09:36 AM

Very Nice!!

romanojg 02-29-2012 09:43 AM

Nice space. Speaking from someone who works at CHKD if you bring the stuff to us it is apprecitated by many. I like your thread racks.

mighty 02-29-2012 10:10 AM

Looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damaquilts 02-29-2012 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 5018957)
Nice space. Speaking from someone who works at CHKD if you bring the stuff to us it is apprecitated by many. I like your thread racks.

CHKD it is then. :-) Its not far from the library and I usually stop in there on my way home.
The thread racks were collected over a period of time . Not long after I moved here I found a bunch in a thrift store for 2$ each I think or somewhere around that price. I just attached them to the wall touching each other.
OH for people thinking about doing the comic book boards ,,, That's 300 of them up there. :-)

Pat-w 02-29-2012 02:37 PM

Great job of organizing. What are the comic book boards....where do you find them and what's the cost?

karenpatrick 02-29-2012 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pat-w (Post 5019716)
Great job of organizing. What are the comic book boards....where do you find them and what's the cost?

Check out the thread from a couple of days ago where the comic book boards were discussed.

damaquilts 02-29-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pat-w (Post 5019716)

I bought the first bunch of Amazon for around $15 per 100 the rest I bought at a comic book store for $9 per 100. There is some on Amazon for around$13 if there are no comic stores near you .oh and the boards are white thin cardboard that comic book collectors use to back the comics before putting them in the plastic bags. Its keeps them from bending.

janetter 02-29-2012 03:26 PM

Very Nice and love how all you thread looks like a rainbow splashed across the wall

cherrio 03-01-2012 04:59 AM

oh to be that organized . . . not that I have much to organize; but my scraps get outta control sometimes! I sew at the kitchen table so I envy your organized room!